Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting First Harley...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 01:36 AM
shadowknight
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Getting First Harley...

So I'm getting my first Harley after riding sport bikes for the better part of a decade. So this a whole new world for me. I'm just wanting to get options on if I made a wise choice for a first Harley and if I actually got a good deal...

It's a brand new old stock 2013 Wide glide. Upgrades were sundowner seat, vans and Hines pipes, screaming eagle intake and some kind of screaming eagle computer upgrade (sorry don't know all the terminology), and the security system. They said bike was originally around $21,000, but were taking $17.900 for it. I was looking at a few cheaper bikes, then the sales guy came back and said the sales manager was a vet, and since I was also, that he said to hook me up and offer it for $15,900. Sales guy said that was a really good deal, so I'm just curious how this will work for first Harley? Thanks a bunch for the input. Also, I will mainly be commuting on state highways and occasionally the interstate.

Attached Thumbnails Getting First Harley...-img_20140411_153516627.jpg  
Old 04-15-2014, 01:43 AM
Tau511
Advanced

15,900 out the door seems good to me. 15.900 before tax and fees seems high for a 2013. I really like the wide glide but I went with the street bob, just felt better. Personally, I think I would have been happy with the wide glide too though. My Street Bob is the only Harley I have ever owned, bought it in March. Went to it from a Kawasaki. The 103 is a nice engine from what I can tell and the Dyna is really comfortable for me. Longest I've done so far is 150 miles.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:54 AM
VoiceofReason44
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 142 Posts

You did the same thing as I! I was out on my R1 a couple of months back and stopped in at a Harley dealer. I test rode a streetbob and that was all she wrote. I rode sportbikes for 15ish years. I am glad I made the switch and if you are like I, you will enjoy your wide glide more and more.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:03 AM
shadowknight
Novice

Thanks for the replies. If I did agree to too high of a price I'll just chalk it up as a learning experience I guess. LoL

We live and learn.. :/

On another note, I'm glad to hear you all like your bikes.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:11 AM
doctoraustin
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't be discouraged. In the end no matter what you are going to love the bike. The wide glide is one of the classiest dynas because of its raked front end. The more you ride it the more you will not care about paying a little extra. Your part of a brotherhood now!
Welcome to the forum!

Old 04-15-2014, 02:14 AM
shadowknight
Novice

Thank you very much for the greeting

Old 04-15-2014, 03:13 AM
Tau511
Advanced

Originally Posted by doctoraustin
don't be discouraged. In the end no matter what you are going to love the bike. The wide glide is one of the classiest dynas because of its raked front end. The more you ride it the more you will not care about paying a little extra. Your part of a brotherhood now!
Welcome to the forum!
True statement. I love my bike more and more every day. What I paid to get it off that dealership floor never even crosses my mind.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:29 AM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if your looking at the wide glide. make sure to ride the low rider and fatbob before you buy one. just so ya know your getting the right dyna for you.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:52 AM
Chase1961
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on your new scooter. You'll love how the wide glide feels and handles.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:27 AM
shadowknight
Novice

Thank you for the responses everyone.

I found this and thought it was interesting...

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/harley-davidson/fxdwg-103-dyna-wide-glide/2013-harley-davidson-fxdwg-103-dyna-wide-glide/suggestedretailvalue/

So if that's used retail value then I guess $15,900 wasn't to bad for new factoring in the extras also

Quick Reply: Getting First Harley...