Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White Plugs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 04:41 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,823 Likes on 821 Posts

Californiafatbob, with today's fuels you CANNOT ''read'' plugs anymore. His plugs look fine. I've got a good friend who's a certified HD mechanic, he's looked at thousands of plugs, and he'll tell you that ALL plugs look pretty much like his, no matter what bike, with whatever tuner/or no tuner, it may have. Sorry, but that's the truth. This isn't 1975 anymore.

Last edited by hd4evr2008; 04-16-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:52 PM
StFrancis
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well worst case scenario I now have a complete stage 1 and ill shake a few more ponies out of the bob. Im going to play with it and see if I cant get a better looking plug. The spark plugs in my EFI Toyota 4Runner are not white and I use the same "today's fuel" in that. The plugs in my 68 mustang fastback are not that color either. I get what your saying and Im no Harley expert but That just seems too white for me. But I could be 100% wrong too.

What im going to do is this, and this wont be 100% perfectly scientific but should prove one thing or another. Before my tuner and air cleaner get here ill take her for a nice trip into town and back. Ill use my laser temp gauge and check the engine in a few spots and record.

Then Ill install the tuner and do the same thing, same route and check again. Hopefully ambient air temperature is the same and ill try to plan it that way and record the temps outside as well.

Ill pull the plugs after each run and see if it helped.

Tuner should be here Friday or Saturday.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:59 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You were getting ready to blame all this on the pipes weren't you? Lol!

Old 04-16-2014, 05:01 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi,

In the manual there a 4-pic diagram of spark plug in harley motor and what deposits or reading of plug represents, i suggest have a look at that, someome may post a pic of it

One could determine an overly fouled plug also,
Thanks
Mirrmu

Old 04-16-2014, 06:36 PM
StFrancis
Advanced

I am definitely blaming you! I should have titled this thread "Custom white plugs, courtesy of Robbie13"! hahaha

Mine unfortunately didn't come with the original owners manual. Hopefully some one will post it-

Last edited by StFrancis; 04-16-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:17 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbie13
You were getting ready to blame all this on the pipes weren't you? Lol!

LMFAO You kill me man!

Originally Posted by StFrancis
I am definitely blaming you! I should have titled this thread "Custom white plugs, courtesy of Robbie13"! hahaha

Mine unfortunately didn't come with the original owners manual. Hopefully some one will post it-
you should make that manual your very next puchase. I hope I don't get in trouble with copyright. incase its not clear you should be looking for plug D, best I could do wit my iphone. regular intervals is like every 3 months or so , plug'em and forget 'em. AT worse if you really are worried pull the plugs once a week don't try to micro-manage your ignition system.

. Very imortant for me to point out to you your automobiles are liquid cooled

Attached Thumbnails White Plugs.-img_0037.jpg   White Plugs.-img_0035.jpg  

Last edited by maddghost; 04-16-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:23 PM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default White Plugs

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
Californiafatbob, with today's fuels you CANNOT ''read'' plugs anymore. His plugs look fine. I've got a good friend who's a certified HD mechanic, he's looked at thousands of plugs, and he'll tell you that ALL plugs look pretty much like his, no matter what bike, with whatever tuner/or no tuner, it may have. Sorry, but that's the truth. This isn't 1975 anymore.
So you are the expert now........... and not all plugs look like this, sorry.....
There are still things you need to look for when reading a plug.........and yes you can still read a plug..... Do you know what a timing mark is ????? simple question, can you answer it ??????
If you do a little research instead of writing about issues you may not know much about, maybe you would come back with a slightly different opinion..........
And by the way, I do know what year it is.........(1976) + 38 or 114,798 divided by 57 =.....LAMO.........
Maybe you should ask what his cylinder temps are............That might be something to look at.....Shoot maybe 250 - 260 are good numbers, what do you think.........or can you answer that one ???????
You know..... all I was trying to do was provide some helpful info for someone who ask for it, and all you get back from this forum is a bunch of sarcastic crap........from people whom probably barely know to ride a bike, let alone work on one, put fuel in it, or diagnose that they may have a problem............
Put fuel in it and ride............and when something goes wrong the....
HD mechanics will fix it......$$$$$$$$$$$$$................
But you are right about one thing and one thing only.....I do not know everything and would never admit that I do, but I learn something new ever day that goes by............
What a waste of time................

Old 04-16-2014, 08:27 PM
StFrancis
Advanced

Good stuff. Ive gone thru it on my 07 Bob so I know the just of it anyway. I do need to grab a service manual at some point too. Yes touché on the liquid cooled and Mass Air controlled as well. Too bad the Harleys have not come that far yet

Old 04-16-2014, 08:28 PM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
I hope I don't get in trouble with copyright.
small sections like that are covered under fair use laws. posting entire chapters or the whole manual is where you get into trouble.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:31 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by StFrancis
Good stuff. Ive gone thru it on my 07 Bob so I know the just of it anyway. I do need to grab a service manual at some point too. Yes touché on the liquid cooled and Mass Air controlled as well. Too bad the Harleys have not come that far yet

None of us want liquid cooled

Originally Posted by slozomby
small sections like that are covered under fair use laws. posting entire chapters or the whole manual is where you get into trouble.
I thought as much but wanted to seem dramatic! LOL

Quick Reply: White Plugs.