Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White Plugs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 05:41 PM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Flyscreen........

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
Hey, just noticed something. Is that a National Cycle Flyscreen on your bike? How do you like it, and how much does it help? Thanks!
Actually it is a Ducati style screen that matches the headlight and then I modified the mounting brackets that it came with then used the HD quick release fork clamps....
I will find my invoice and let you know what brand.....
I works well for what it is..........

Old 04-18-2014, 05:43 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by californiafatbob2013
Right on brother, we are all in this HD thing together, and you know what ????
I love every minute of every day...........Does not get any better than this......
We only have one life to live and when its done, I could say I rode out the way I wanted too................
Be safe and ride free..................
Had to repost this and emphasis it in bold.

And right back at you CA-Fatbob...

Old 04-18-2014, 08:20 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,841 Likes on 826 Posts

Actually it is a Ducati style screen that matches the headlight and then I modified the mounting brackets that it came with then used the HD quick release fork clamps....
I will find my invoice and let you know what brand.....
I works well for what it is..........
That'd be great! Thanks....I'm looking for something like that to knock the wind down a bit.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:41 PM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fly Screen ?????

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
That'd be great! Thanks....I'm looking for something like that to knock the wind down a bit.
Okay found the info on the fly screen .....

It is an Airblade Dominator Flyscreen...........

Use that to search, should find many on the web or ebay......

Old 04-19-2014, 09:14 AM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,841 Likes on 826 Posts

Okay found the info on the fly screen .....

It is an Airblade Dominator Flyscreen...........

Use that to search, should find many on the web or ebay......
Will do! Many thanks!

Old 04-22-2014, 01:02 PM
StFrancis
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the PCV and the air cleaner on Saturday.... I must say and no bullchit here (it caught me completely off guard) I took a steady cruise down the highway about 5 miles then gave her the full throttle treatment, it woke the bike up surprisingly. I actually had to hold on tighter to the damn bike I was almost on the passenger seat at full throttle haha. I have not pulled my plugs or tested any temps yet. Im going to put a few more miles on see what they look like. Very impressed so far. Bike does start harder if I dont hit start right away after the run switch. But if I hit it while its priming it starts faster than it did previously. Before I did not have a lot of exhaust pop on deceleration but it does "gurgle" a bit . The exhaust pop and gurgle did not change with the tuner at all. May have to play with it a little bit or try a different map. But I also have the Big City Thunder baffles with lollipops so maybe it will always have a little popping/gurgling.... Not sure maybe robbie13 can chime in they are his "ex" pipes hahah.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:19 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by StFrancis
Got the PCV and the air cleaner on Saturday.... I must say and no bullchit here (it caught me completely off guard) I took a steady cruise down the highway about 5 miles then gave her the full throttle treatment, it woke the bike up surprisingly. I actually had to hold on tighter to the damn bike I was almost on the passenger seat at full throttle haha. I have not pulled my plugs or tested any temps yet. Im going to put a few more miles on see what they look like. Very impressed so far. Bike does start harder if I dont hit start right away after the run switch. But if I hit it while its priming it starts faster than it did previously. Before I did not have a lot of exhaust pop on deceleration but it does "gurgle" a bit . The exhaust pop and gurgle did not change with the tuner at all. May have to play with it a little bit or try a different map. But I also have the Big City Thunder baffles with lollipops so maybe it will always have a little popping/gurgling.... Not sure maybe robbie13 can chime in they are his "ex" pipes hahah.

What? Pipes? What? I don't know what you are talking about! They did gurgle every once in a while. I had mine dynoed and dialed in. Still have to do that with my new pipes still.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

So here is a picture of one of the plugs that came out of my Fatbob when I was running a SE Stage 1 air cleaner, Freedom slip on muff's, and Nightrider FL-Xied-10's with stock header.......
So much for not being able to read a plug anymore..............Attachment 372203
This plug is a little rich but still good.
You think that's a decent looking plug? Holy cow!

I run as rich as 10.5/1 on some my supercharged engines, and never see anything that filthy.
And I'll agree with those who say that reading plugs isn't worth much any more. Nowadays, we have things like detonation sensors, oxygen sensors, exhaust gas temperature measurements, measurements of fuel and air flow, and torque measurements which leave plug reading way back in the dark ages. Still, it's a little better than reading tea leaves.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:35 PM
StFrancis
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next time im out with a buddy ill see if I can have him take a video of me doing a drive by to show you what im talking about. It does get a little raspy growl at medium or higher throttle right when I shift. I kind of like that though-
WarpFactor- If you get some time you should post up a good plug pic if you don't mind.
Even though she runs good ill play with the tuning and maybe even fork out the cash for the auto tune attachment...

Old 05-19-2014, 04:01 PM
oldmisfit
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

any updates on this?

thanks
Pat

Quick Reply: White Plugs.