Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White Plugs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 11:11 PM
roscoe2010
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My plugs look just like yours and I've got around 3K miles on mine. I've got a stage 1 with a tuner and the bike has no decel pop and no back-fire at all, bike runs like a scalded ape. I wouldn't worry about those plugs.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:18 PM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Call the Guys,......

Originally Posted by StFrancis
Thanks for the input guys. I thought that was too white. Surprised because the bike only has exhaust. Kinda defumbles the myths of everyone saying "no tuner if your only adding exhaust". Not that I didn't want to get a tuner and a better intake anyway just didn't have the funds quite yet. Just got new 11" 412s and had to get a new phone cause mine fell out of my jacket pocket going down the highway on the bike.
Looked at the Thundermax tuner and it does look nice but pretty pricey for me. I might lean toward the PCV and intake deal from Fuelmoto...
Call the Guys at cyclesolutions they will not steer you the wrong way and they have great prices, call them and ask what their best price is ????
That is the way to get the best price from them and they have great service as well, I mean really Great service !!!!!!
ThunderMax from them only cost me $674.00 free shipping and they will program the ecm for you all you have to do is follow the instructions for install.
You will never buy another tuner if you get a ThunderMax no matter what mod's you do to your bike.....ie: head work, exhaust, cams, injectors, so on...
Save up a little more money and do it right....and don't drop you phone anymore.............LOL...............

Old 04-15-2014, 11:30 PM
StFrancis
Advanced

I got a little crazy with "the Dip" again. I had the primary cover off to change oil and check clutch adjustment SO I thought "might as well"! I also put on my Progressive 412s, so I did the upper shock bolt covers. I think it turned out great. Just need to get the Forks and Tripple trees done!! Have not ridden it with the 412s yet but the stance feels much better. I also added my forwards the other day, neat little trick I came up with ( maybe its been done before but I have not come across anyone doing this) is I took a piece of 1/2" Heat Shrink tubing and put it over the mid control shaft that was sticking out instead of buying a cap. Hit it with the heat gun and stuck the rubber "bushing" back over it. Wha-la Good enough for me!

Attached Thumbnails White Plugs.-bd1.jpg   White Plugs.-bd2.jpg   White Plugs.-bd3.jpg   White Plugs.-bd4.jpg   White Plugs.-bd5.jpg  

Old 04-15-2014, 11:33 PM
StFrancis
Advanced

Sorry guys I thought I was posting that to a different thread "Dipped the Bob" maybe a Mod can move it?

Old 04-15-2014, 11:38 PM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Default You are running a tuner

Originally Posted by roscoe2010
My plugs look just like yours and I've got around 3K miles on mine. I've got a stage 1 with a tuner and the bike has no decel pop and no back-fire at all, bike runs like a scalded ape. I wouldn't worry about those plugs.
You are running a tuner, therefore no popping............
This guy is not running a tuner..............Stock ECM........
Do you really feel comfortable telling him he has no worries about a white plug ?
White insulator is a lean condition, maybe not lean enough to burn up the top end rapidly, but over time this will shorten the life of your engine.......
No disrespect meant, just trying to give the guy sound advice........

Old 04-15-2014, 11:44 PM
StFrancis
Advanced

I prefer to get her richened up a bit for sure. 674 isn't bad but that's 200 more than I could get the PCV with the air cleaner from fuel moto. Ill sleep on it a few days though its supposed to be pretty brisk here and rainy for a few days...

Old 04-15-2014, 11:55 PM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Default ThunderMax Autotune

I prefer to get her richened up a bit for sure. 674 isn't bad but that's 200 more than I could get the PCV with the air cleaner from fuel moto. Ill sleep on it a few days though its supposed to be pretty brisk here and rainy for a few days...
Just remember..... the TM is a autotune, it will adjust for weather, altitude, and riding style automatically......
All you do is ride, and when you make other changes simply change you your map............and it starts all over..........
Good luck, let me know which way you decide to go..........

Old 04-16-2014, 10:05 AM
StFrancis
Advanced

Well I whipped out the old Visa and decided to go with Power Commander 5 and a stage one air cleaner kit from FuelMoto for 430.00 shipped. I liked the price of the Thundermax but, I really don't see my self going more than a stage one on this bike. But if I ever do change my mind the PCV has the auto tune kit I can add on for 320.00. Its shipping from Wisconsin so I should have it here by Friday. Ill be sure to follow up with a little review and a plug update Thanks to everyone so far for the info and recommendations. Now I just need a better riding jacket so I don't loose another phone....maybe next year after I pay off all these other goodies.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:26 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Those plugs look just fine for an fi bike doing anything to it now is a waste until you are ready to do a full stage 1 upgrade.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:38 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

should you one day decide on further upgrades jamie or keith at FM will always get you a new map. All of us (alomst) who start upgrading, even if we're happy a couple of years, end up giving into temptation. mwahahahaha!

Also in my perevios post I forgot to mention my plugs also look just like the ones on your photo. Even a little more white and I have the Powervision with autotune.

Well I whipped out the old Visa and decided to go with Power Commander 5 and a stage one air cleaner kit from FuelMoto for 430.00 shipped. I liked the price of the Thundermax but, I really don't see my self going more than a stage one on this bike. But if I ever do change my mind the PCV has the auto tune kit I can add on for 320.00. Its shipping from Wisconsin so I should have it here by Friday. Ill be sure to follow up with a little review and a plug update Thanks to everyone so far for the info and recommendations. Now I just need a better riding jacket so I don't loose another phone....maybe next year after I pay off all these other goodies.

Quick Reply: White Plugs.