Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air ride'rs...chime in!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 08:59 AM
lesplay
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air ride'rs...chime in!

Well, I'm leaning towards an air ride system. I would like some feedback from anyone who has it on their Dyna....on the subject of performance. I know they're great for straight line riding but what about the twisties?

Also, quick point about the Legend system....they are $700-$1,000 more than the Arnott system, (depending on which one you go with). Are the Legends really THAT MUCH better?

Concerning the Arnott: Is it worth the $200 more to go with the 11 way adjustable Aldan Shock over the Bilstein?

Old 04-16-2014, 09:48 AM
jangler14
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I gots the Legends air ride on my 2011 Dyna Super Glide Custom. I am not familiar with any of the other systems out there. Though I do not feel a need to look any further either. These things are awesome. I crank it up and the twisties are a total blast. Definetly a MAJOR improvement than the stock shocks! The best thing I did to my bike. Its like riding on a cloud on the highway. I really need to get a video of them so I can share.....more to come on that note.
I really enjoy the ability to pump it up as needed and then ride it low as well for cruising.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:17 AM
Ninety8NeonACR
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

I did the DIY air ride for less than $200. I only have about a half tank of gas of riding with them but they seem to ride nice.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:28 AM
lesplay
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jangler14
I gots the Legends air ride on my 2011 Dyna Super Glide Custom. I am not familiar with any of the other systems out there. Though I do not feel a need to look any further either. These things are awesome. I crank it up and the twisties are a total blast. Definetly a MAJOR improvement than the stock shocks! The best thing I did to my bike. Its like riding on a cloud on the highway. I really need to get a video of them so I can share.....more to come on that note.
I really enjoy the ability to pump it up as needed and then ride it low as well for cruising.
Hey, gangler, what did you give for yours? PM me if you want. Thanks.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:24 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i have road the arnette and the DIY air ride. love them both, doing the DIY setup this winter on my own scoot

Old 04-16-2014, 12:27 PM
JMummery
Road Captain

I'm on the same boat as the OP. Looking for feedback as well about the other kits, the legend system to me has the best warranty over the other setups.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:46 AM
lesplay
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JRK5892
i have road the arnette and the DIY air ride. love them both, doing the DIY setup this winter on my own scoot
Thanks, Joe. I've read quite a few of your posts....great job!

Old 04-17-2014, 10:35 AM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ninety8NeonACR
I did the DIY air ride for less than $200. I only have about a half tank of gas of riding with them but they seem to ride nice.
Do u have a write up on this? Very interested

Old 04-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Ninety8NeonACR
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

This is the write up I worked off from. I installed my compressor in a tool bag on the bottom of the down tubes though.

http://custombaggerforum.com/forum/s...-Rear-Air-Ride

Old 04-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Another happy legend owner here.

My only complaint is that the anodising has faded on my shock rings (after riding through one of Melbournes heat waves) but the bronze looks ok.

Quick Reply: Air ride'rs...chime in!