Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 06:07 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,928 Likes on 2,568 Posts

I am assuming you bought that bike used, because somebody spent a lot of money putting all of that chrome on that bike! It did not come from HD like that.

You can score most of that on Ebay as dealer takeoffs, then sell your chrome, might be cheaper. Stock black swingarms for example are like $30 all day on Ebay. Going to cost more than that to get it Powder coated plus you could probably sell the chrome one for $100. Same with the handle bar control etc.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Savage_Jake
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did buy it used. The chrome on the swing arm is in pretty rough shape. It's peeling in front of the tire and surrounding areas.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:33 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Architect
I am assuming you bought that bike used, because somebody spent a lot of money putting all of that chrome on that bike! It did not come from HD like that.
Yeah, I'm really not a fan of blacked out bikes, although my tank and fenders are black. Just looks like you can only afford black rattle cans to dress out your bikes. I'm truly amazed at what people spend to cover over expensive chrome. But, to each their own.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:18 PM
br549A1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Savage. I'd recommend picking up some black plastidip. You can spray it and it's reversible should you not like it and it will stick on the chrome as long as you clean it first. I did my forks and front rim because I'm not sure what I want to do to it yet. Just peel it off when you're done and get it powdered if you liked it. I'm still not sure which way I'm going but I like being able to temporarily try a look

Attached Thumbnails Black Parts-image-4249585604.jpg  
Old 04-18-2014, 09:22 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I did my rear wheel with plastic dip yesterday. I did all 4 wheels on my trailer last week. It looks really cool, I think.
You make the decision. This is a comparison painted and none painted.
Oh, this stuff is really easy to use.

I did it in a rush last night, it was getting dark so there are some dirty spots already from handling. LOL

Old 04-18-2014, 10:07 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont know about that Plasti Dip, I have seen cars with that stuff removed and its a messy situation.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:10 PM
Savage_Jake
Novice

I'll look into the plasti-dip. I started on some parts tonight using VHT wrinkle coat paint. Looking really good so far.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:13 PM
Savage_Jake
Novice

AND......I found black switch housings on ebay but they are all for 96 and up. Can someone tell me the difference between a 95 and 96+ ??

Old 04-19-2014, 12:03 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
I dont know about that Plasti Dip, I have seen cars with that stuff removed and its a messy situation.
It comes off fairly easy. I did some practice and wanted to see how I could get it off. Ice, it is used for cranking in low temps on tractors and trucks.
Carb cleaner,
You just soak it for a while to get it to turn loose. Then just wipe it off.
I got some on my disc, like I said I was in a hurry, just took some carb cleaner and in a couple of minutes it was clean.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:54 PM
bam87
3rd Gear

Hey fellas....how does the plastidip hold up in the long run? ie: pressure wash or tire changes

Quick Reply: Black Parts