Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision Map Needed

Old 04-16-2014, 11:10 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

If you are running the RR 1D5250 pipes like me, I had to manually tweak the 20 and 27 MAP columns on my AFR table and manually adjust my decel enleanment table to get rid of decel pop. I think Autotuning will help but short pipes are tougher to get rid of decel pop IMO.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:04 AM
AmericanSCPO

Originally Posted by alansummrs
If you are running the RR 1D5250 pipes like me, I had to manually tweak the 20 and 27 MAP columns on my AFR table and manually adjust my decel enleanment table to get rid of decel pop. I think Autotuning will help but short pipes are tougher to get rid of decel pop IMO.
Thanks the manf P/N is 1D12RB Road rage Mega series but it is a short pipe. I am feeling better about this tuner it sounds like most if not all of you guys have figured out how to make adjustments to get rid of the decel popping.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:00 PM
AmericanSCPO

I adjusted the fuel decel in the quick tune to 4 and the decel area spark to 5 (5 is the max mine wont go any higher) I am not to familiar with adjusting anything in the AFR table. How did you know that table 20 and 27 were in the decel area? What did you adjust from and too? Thanks.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:17 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

alan just got off the phone with two different techs the decel enleanment feature is only used when u are slowing engine rpms down slowly with the throttle, like if you are cruising at 3000 rpms and you slowly drop to 1500 rpms
and their is a issue will popping. when you are down shifting with the throttle closed coming to a stop like most people do the adjustment is different. they want you to go into the afr table in the first column and adjust there. lets say you notice the decel occurs from 3000 to 1750 rpms. and the afr is set to 13.0 than add fuel by changing to 12.8 in the cells from 3000 to 1750 and they also want you to add 3 to the timing area also. this pertains to builder builds like ours if the motor is basic stage 1 the best method is to use the quick tune feature on the PV. hope that makes sense.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:33 PM
AmericanSCPO

Originally Posted by target64
alan just got off the phone with two different techs the decel enleanment feature is only used when u are slowing engine rpms down slowly with the throttle, like if you are cruising at 3000 rpms and you slowly drop to 1500 rpms
and their is a issue will popping. when you are down shifting with the throttle closed coming to a stop like most people do the adjustment is different. they want you to go into the afr table in the first column and adjust there. lets say you notice the decel occurs from 3000 to 1750 rpms. and the afr is set to 13.0 than add fuel by changing to 12.8 in the cells from 3000 to 1750 and they also want you to add 3 to the timing area also. this pertains to builder builds like ours if the motor is basic stage 1 the best method is to use the quick tune feature on the PV. hope that makes sense.
Ok I found the AFR Table and made the changes inside the 1700-4000 RPM range. The set fuel was 12.5 I changed that to 12.3. The trimming you say to add 3 to is this in the quick tune potion of the PV or is it in one of the manual tables accessed from a WinPV program? Thanks.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:20 PM
RJHD
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran about eight or ten auto tune sessions and still couldn't stop the decel pop. Sent my tune to dynojet and they made some changes. Loaded it and all was good. Now I get no decel pop at all. Bike runs mint. Haven't messed with the tuner for a while now. I never went in to even see what changes they made. I just know the bike runs great.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:31 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by AmericanSCPO
Ok I found the AFR Table and made the changes inside the 1700-4000 RPM range. The set fuel was 12.5 I changed that to 12.3. The trimming you say to add 3 to is this in the quick tune potion of the PV or is it in one of the manual tables accessed from a WinPV program? Thanks.
that's too rich for your bike its stock only stage 1 im not running that rich of a afr on my big build it was set at 13.0. when i had the bassani I could never get rid of all the decel noise it sounded like those kids with the bass way up on radio coming through town. you will foul your plugs with it so rich. contact ken or roy hartman at dynojet they will take over your computer and help u set it up correctly call now there still open 800-992-4993 its to hard to explain if you are unsure of the program

Old 04-18-2014, 08:17 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by target64
Good info for sure but I was getting decel pop on slow decels and on hard decels, etc. Have not played with it in awhile but the standard theme in the PV Sticky was to tweak both areas and see how it goes along with the spark advance table - I played with all three of the areas and pretty much had it whipped and then I tore my engine down for the build

We need to get some charts in here to help the SCPO, let me go dig....

Old 04-18-2014, 08:25 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by AmericanSCPO
I adjusted the fuel decel in the quick tune to 4 and the decel area spark to 5 (5 is the max mine wont go any higher) I am not to familiar with adjusting anything in the AFR table. How did you know that table 20 and 27 were in the decel area? What did you adjust from and too? Thanks.
I never used the Quick Tune feature to cure decel pop, that is more of a shotgun approach when you need a rifle, I worked in WinPV.

Before I did my engine build this was my AFR chart for a Stage 1:

It is in lambda, so multiply my numbers by 14.6 to compare to what you are doing.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:46 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Here is my rear cylinder spark advance after I adjusted(increased) the 2 left columns up a bit, especially in the lower(high rpm) areas:

Maybe seeing somebody else's charts will help you get a feel for what you might adjust.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Vision Map Needed