Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easter Weekend - Ruined

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 07:19 PM
07HDStreetBob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 100% certain, new bike or not, I would of just jacked up the front end and repositioned and torqued the trees myself. It was the dealers oversight that put you in the current situation. Real piece of mind would come from going over the bike yourself and ensuring everything was right, but thats just my opinion. I don't put much trust in other mechanics working on a bike other than their own.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:19 PM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

yea, it could of been allot worse. This is serious.
I would get a HD repair manual and start wrenching,
it's your life.
I picked my bike up and drove off into the sunset.
They have never seen me again.
Full service from day one.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:38 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I had my lower pinch bolts back out on both sides. We were going 70mph though some switch backs and I happened to look down and saw the Allen head out past the tree. Kind of scary going through twisties that fast and seeing it. I know I torqued them all cause I did it like four times. Luckily neither side was sliding up. Pulled over took out my tool roll, tightened them and carried on.

Nice to hear of good dealers out there. I agree on using that warranty you have.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:22 PM
Unit 91
Tourer

I appreciate all the opinions, but there are a few factors at work here. I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself, but don't see the need at the moment. The bike is under warranty and they are going above and beyond what I expected them to do. Will I check some stuff out when I get the bike back? Yes. Does that mean I shouldn't allow them the opportunity to correct this? No.

As I said, I am perfectly capable - ex technician and race fabricator. Even so, not everyone wants to do everything on their own. Yeah, I need to pick up the manual and some extra tools I don't have... I'll get to it. For now I'm perfectly happy with what is transpiring.

Hvac, at least it's a cool BMW! Hah.

Jaron, yikes... I probably would have poo'ed a little. Glad you're alive.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:27 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Unit 91

Jaron, yikes... I probably would have poo'ed a little. Glad you're alive.
I will not confirm or deny that I may have pooped a little. My stomach dropped as soon as I saw it!

Old 04-18-2014, 12:43 AM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,213 Likes on 11,120 Posts

I'm also in the take it back to the dealer fan club. Harley needs to know someone at the factory or dealer didn't do their job. Who knows how many bikes are out there with loose trees. Could save a life by telling Halrey. If you DIY, no one knows about the FU.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:55 AM
Crex39
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
I'm also in the take it back to the dealer fan club. Harley needs to know someone at the factory or dealer didn't do their job. Who knows how many bikes are out there with loose trees. Could save a life by telling Halrey. If you DIY, no one knows about the FU.
I'm sure they will march right up to that tech/robot and flog him. While I see the point on being under warranty, I would have fixed it myself, but then again my current bike is a monster bought a frame here, a motor there and a front end somewhere else. There is no better peace of mind than a service manual and your own wrenches.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:08 AM
Unit 91
Tourer

Originally Posted by JaronB
I will not confirm or deny that I may have pooped a little. My stomach dropped as soon as I saw it!
You did. It's ok to admit it. Pushing brown happens to every cyclist at some point.

Originally Posted by upflying
Yup. Point = up.

Originally Posted by Crex39
I'm sure they will march right up to that tech/robot and flog him. While I see the point on being under warranty, I would have fixed it myself, but then again my current bike is a monster bought a frame here, a motor there and a front end somewhere else. There is no better peace of mind than a service manual and your own wrenches.
Yeah, so you're cooler than me and everyone else. Good for you.

I really don't know why there is such resentment here for warranty and after sales. You sound like a bunch of whiney ******, actually. If you wanted to discourage someone from posting here, job done. I'll keep reading, but you all need to relax. Not a small bit. A huge bit.

According to you, though, bike are all made by robots. So we should just accept how it is, do our own thing and move along... Right.

Sorry, I am feeling combative right now.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:25 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Different strokes for different folks. Personally I would have just corrected it myself and gave them a good *** chewing. Might want to think about getting a service manual and doing the 1K service yourself.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:42 AM
Crex39
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Unit 91
You did. It's ok to admit it. Pushing brown happens to every cyclist at some point.

Yup. Point = up.

Yeah, so you're cooler than me and everyone else. Good for you.

I really don't know why there is such resentment here for warranty and after sales. You sound like a bunch of whiney ******, actually. If you wanted to discourage someone from posting here, job done. I'll keep reading, but you all need to relax. Not a small bit. A huge bit.

According to you, though, bike are all made by robots. So we should just accept how it is, do our own thing and move along... Right.

Sorry, I am feeling combative right now.
Typical RUB. You are the whining puzzy. Easter is ruined WAAAAH. Pick up a damn wrench. Stick to your Beemer, maybe your butler can do the oil change.

Quick Reply: Easter Weekend - Ruined