Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gas gauge leaking issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 05:27 PM
sluginxlt
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default gas gauge leaking issues

well i finally took the 96 dyna i bought in the winter for its first ride, the guy i bought it from told me the gas gauge didnt work but i wasnt worried about it because all my other bikes never came with a gauge. i took it to the gas station for the first time and i was not happy to find out gas poured out all over my bike and flooded all around my bike with gas, i obviously stopped the pump as soon as it started to leak but on the kickstand that side of the tank is lower so it seemed like a never ending waterfall of gas. i pulled the gauge out to speed up letting the overfilled gas out and all the wires were cut and looked like someone gooped some silicone in there. my question is what is supposed to seal in in? any pictures because i am not even sure it is the right one or some kind of seal is missing

Old 04-18-2014, 07:03 PM
stephenhelsel
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is seeping gas from under the guage because my gasket dried out while I had it apart for the winter cause I got the tank powdercoated. Getting a new gasket tomorrow. I will post a few pics when I get it apart.

I would just go up to a dealership though and they can tell ya whats suppose to be there. More than likely just a gasket.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:14 PM
loopie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you had the bike for a while how come you never checked it out for the issue ,or at least try too fix it,,,

Old 04-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Get a new gasket and screws. The screws have a rubber ring gasket on them as well.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:43 PM
sluginxlt
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by loopie
if you had the bike for a while how come you never checked it out for the issue ,or at least try too fix it,,,
makes sense but i have alot of projects and things going on and i wasnt concerned with the gauge working like i said no bike ive ever had came with a gauge but it didnt cross my mind that it would pour gas out.