Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THUNDERHEADER!!! Death to your ears!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 07:00 AM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
AWWWWW I love me a thunderheader! good good choice man!

Advice from a fellow gear lover: don't wait for your fuel pump to come to a stop just to hit the start button especially when the motor is hot trust me and I don't care who told you to wait there is not one HD tek who waits.
Whaaaat? Tell me you're joking..

Old 04-20-2014, 07:09 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Loud pipes save lives, enjoy.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:56 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think my TH is quieter than my ShortShots.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:08 AM
MorrisGray
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just because a HD Tech does not wait on the fuel pump to prime.... Does not mean that they are doing what is best for the bike or in our best interest. Waiting on it to prime is best for the pump and best for me so I don't have a pump fail sooner than it should and so I don't have to pay for the HD Tech to repair my bike.

At least this is my opinion... And I really don't mind the 3 second wait anyway.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:56 AM
DJY
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

My bike will spit fuel out intake on start up if I wait for it to completely prime. Not real sure why. But it does.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:01 AM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

What ever happened to
"Potato-potato-potato"?

The last remnants of it died with the carbed 88 Twinkie.

Last edited by Jonesee; 04-20-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:04 AM
MorrisGray
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is now ORGANIC.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:17 AM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Re: bad fuel management, I started the bike and let it idle for 15 minutes (maybe revved it a little ). Although pipes were steaming, engine temp (monitored through the PV) was good, peaked around 245, and that is off the diagnostic port. I'm sure it would've gotten hotter but that looked about right to me. Sound right to everyone else? I know on hot days at parade speeds our bikes can run 300+.

Like any naked pipe, it gets hot. I'm also pretty confident in the tune I got from FM. When I revved it hard, 0 detonation and popping, which in my small brain tells me the air fuel ratio is close to where it needs to be. I've got the heat shields to throw on today. Not sure how much good they'll be. Now I see why most of these pipes end up wrapped.

I had smoke from my o2 ports, I think I got a little aggressive with the anti seize.

I had short shots on my previous tc96, and I can confirm they were louder than this pipe. I can also confirm that this thing throws ALOT mire air which in my brain equals performance. When I was revving in the garage, things were falling off the shelves and walls. Ole lady's scowl was proof positive this is an awesome pipe.

Thanks for the Thunderheader love. I'm right pumped.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:27 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,245 Likes on 8,381 Posts

Mine sounds like a Tesla compared to the OP`s.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:17 AM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MorrisGray
Just because a HD Tech does not wait on the fuel pump to prime.... Does not mean that they are doing what is best for the bike or in our best interest. Waiting on it to prime is best for the pump and best for me so I don't have a pump fail sooner than it should and so I don't have to pay for the HD Tech to repair my bike.

At least this is my opinion... And I really don't mind the 3 second wait anyway.
Mine won't start if I do the full prime sequence. Something with the Thunderheader, PCV, air filter combo. Probably other pipes too.

There's a sweet spot when I turn it on that it fires right up. I usually turn on igntion and count "one-one-thousand" and start her up.

Quick Reply: THUNDERHEADER!!! Death to your ears!