Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THUNDERHEADER!!! Death to your ears!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 08:40 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking THUNDERHEADER!!! Death to your ears!

May your ears die a beautiful death. Just installed my stage 1 kit. Thunderheader 2-1, Arlen Ness Stage 1 Big Sucker and Powervision with a tune from Fuel Moto. My ears are still ringing. This thing throws a lot of air and ALOT of heat. Still f@&$ing awesome. Tastey snippet below:

Last edited by c-note; 04-19-2014 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Autocorrect
Old 04-19-2014, 08:44 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

AWWWWW I love me a thunderheader! good good choice man!

Advice from a fellow gear lover: don't wait for your fuel pump to come to a stop just to hit the start button especially when the motor is hot trust me and I don't care who told you to wait there is not one HD tek who waits.

Last edited by maddghost; 04-19-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:48 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 732 Likes on 503 Posts

That is going to be quite gnarly when you hammer it

Old 04-20-2014, 12:41 AM
Helmsy67
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
AWWWWW I love me a thunderheader! good good choice man!

Advice from a fellow gear lover: don't wait for your fuel pump to come to a stop just to hit the start button especially when the motor is hot trust me and I don't care who told you to wait there is not one HD tek who waits.
Just curious as to why?

Old 04-20-2014, 12:45 AM
Von_Zipper
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by c-note
May your ears die a beautiful death. Just installed my stage 1 kit. Thunderheader 2-1, Arlen Ness Stage 1 Big Sucker and Powervision with a tune from Fuel Moto. My ears are still ringing. This thing throws a lot of air and ALOT of heat.
Thunderheader - YES!
Powervision - OH NO!
With correct fuel management there is no heat ...

Old 04-20-2014, 02:25 AM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Kiss your pant legs goodbye! That pipe is gonna scream til you make a mess in your pants and your friends won't ride on your right side anymore.... Long live the thunderheader!

Congrats on your new pipe

Old 04-20-2014, 02:44 AM
FXD_noob
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are Thunderheaders muffled? Do people use them to increase performance or just for fun? Just askin', I'd like one of those in the future, they look so raw and mean!

Old 04-20-2014, 03:12 AM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FXD_noob
Are Thunderheaders muffled? Do people use them to increase performance or just for fun? Just askin', I'd like one of those in the future, they look so raw and mean!
Thunder headers are RAW AND MEAN! At the same time they are still performance pipes. There are other pipes that look much better and still perform better but don't sound like the thunder header. If you want a pipe that sound like the thunder header there's only one pipe for you, even through all it's flawsi

Old 04-20-2014, 05:20 AM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

c-note congrates on the exhaust just wait till you add some head work and wack the compression up on that engine and see want the true note of the thunder header sounds like.listen to my post in this forum hillside 107 build.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:47 AM
blueridge
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Von_Zipper
Thunderheader - YES!
Powervision - OH NO!
With correct fuel management there is no heat ...
Von Zipper,

I call that BS. I have not tried any of the other pipes and fuel mgmt. combos but know one thing for sure. All Harleys will produce heat. Pipes and fuel management controls the gas mixture going into the motor and may *reduce* the motor heat it puts off. But as someone told me last year...heat is relative to each person and that means what I feel as heat may not be your comfort level for heat.

I put on my '12 Street Bob V&H Big Shots and Power Vision and FuelMoto's AC. To me the heat is the same but bike feels and rides better. I need to get the auto tune set up and ride and see if this can improve the heat somewhat. I may be taking my bike to get it dynode for my information to see what output the bike puts. Although I hate to shell out $$ for something like this this will give me good information on the bike.

I have talked to a few people who ride Harleys and they say hot air produced by Harleys is normal as this bike is cooled by air. But I think on individual Harleys heat can be reduced some although how do you measure that? By our ***** in the fire lol

Quick Reply: THUNDERHEADER!!! Death to your ears!