Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet Info

Old 04-23-2014, 11:26 PM
FXD_noob
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 06BlackWG
Full face with a flip up front.

This guy was wearing a full face with a flip up front...didn't do so well.

Last edited by FXD_noob; 04-23-2014 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:01 AM
ManniC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FXD_noob

That's a tough one to watch. I feel for the man his friends and his family. I low sided at 35 mph in a turn. My gear helped me, but we can't all be that lucky all the time.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:16 AM
IGOTTASRT8
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few things...ditch the novelty helmet. How stupid would you feel if you went down and your novelty helmet didn't do ****?

As for 3/4 helmets, if you can find one that has a flip down face shield it's a really nice option (the bubble shields usually don't flip). I have an HJC IS33.

Full face helmets and a pair of ear plugs or in ear speakers (ear buds) make long trips really nice. Another benefit of a full face...you are instantly 19 again!
I have the HJC CL-17

Lastly, thankful for helmet laws over here. I've been down five times and I'd probably be dead without the helmet. Choose wisely.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:15 PM
06BlackWG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That video makes me think twice about my flip up front. Wonder if he had it up or not fully latched.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 479 Likes on 230 Posts

I'm all for making your own decision, but I'll share my 2 cents…

I've unfortunately seen some nasty stuff. Last July my best friend (22years old) and I were out on a sunday putt, riding a lot slower and more relaxed than usual on a nice sunny Sunday afternoon (nothing crazy going on is my point)

He was doing 47mph (speed limit 50) while a truck coming the other way at 65mph smashed into him head on without warning, over a hill. To make a long story short, he lost his left leg, broke one arm so bad its now a metal rod with limited feeling or movement, broke his other arm, broken ribs, punctured lung, tore something in his heart that required heart surgery, and a number of other small injuries.

I saw my friend laying on the street with his leg next to him, his arms going in all sorts of directions, and blood coming out of his ears and mouth. Thought he'd die right there.

Miraculously, he somehow never touched his head, we were in NH and he had just taken his helmet off. I always ride with a full face, now the rest of my friends who were there and saw it do as well, and he will when he rides again…

Moral of the story is, just because you're riding cautiously and the weather is good and you're not planning on crashing…doesn't mean someone else isn't going to hit you. He knows full well that could have easily ended with his brains on the street with his leg.

Ride on, ride safe.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Punchsmack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06BlackWG
That video makes me think twice about my flip up front. Wonder if he had it up or not fully latched.
And not all flip-up helmets are E22-05.

I was thinking of dropping my 3/4 and full face to get one of those Roof Desmo's. I normally wear the 3/4 just around town for rides under 40mph. If I had a Roof, I would have freedom to run with the 3/4 style in city areas and flip it back over for rural and highway.

https://designerhelmets.secure.yetti...nthracite.html

Pricey though.

OR, just wear my FF all the time since I already own it. I actually like it a lot (AGV K4 Evo).

Last edited by Punchsmack; 04-24-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:13 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Punchsmack
And not all flip-up helmets are E22-05.

I was thinking of dropping my 3/4 and full face to get one of those Roof Desmo's. I normally wear the 3/4 just around town for rides under 40mph. If I had a Roof, I would freedom to run with the 3/4 style in city areas and flip it back over for rural and highway.

https://designerhelmets.secure.yetti...nthracite.html

Pricey though.

OR, just wear my FF all the time since I already own it. I actually like it a lot (AGV K4 Evo).

I really like the quality of Roof helmets. The only problem is that they are as round as a bowling ball. They just don't fit my oval shaped head.

The one in your link is very cool.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:42 PM
jdub099
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FXD_noob
I dunno, he got up after awhile. Not sure what that video even shows. If you go down that hard it's going to hurt pretty much no matter what.