Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My '14 Low Rider.....let me show it to you.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 10:57 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts
Default My '14 Low Rider.....let me show it to you.

Had it for a couple weeks now. This bike is very comfortable and easy to adjust to fit with the adjustable risers and "booster seat". I am 5'8" and do not use the seat pad. I wanted a bit more bend in my elbows so in 2 minutes I loosened up the risers and bars, rotated risers back a few degrees, put bars back where they were, tightened things up.....BAM....done and super comfortable.

I love 2-1 pipes. I did swap out the OEM muffler with the SE Nightstick for a but more rumble. Once it breaks in it will be just what I am wanting sound wise. I do have a LA Choppers adjustable end cap on the way.

Brakes are more then adequate for the bike. Even has steel braided lines. The mid controls (another must for me) moved a couple inches forward from normal still give you great control but a bit more room.

Now get this......the suspension actually WORKS on the bike as delivered from the factory. Small stuff you barely feel and bigger hits are absorbed and don't unsettle the bike. Wind flow is very well managed, too.

I am coming from owning XL's, one XR, a VRSCR and a few metrics thrown in there in the past and this is by far the most comfortable but still nimble enough to change direction quickly and confidently. I enjoy the longer wheelbase and the fact that I sit "in" the bike instead of "on top" of the bike as you do on XL's. Lean angle is good as well with the mid controls.

I also swapped out the grips. For some reason the OEM units are a bit small in diameter compared to other H-D's.

Last edited by modular; 04-21-2014 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Grammer......
Old 04-21-2014, 11:00 AM
pab3rd
Club Member

Received 213 Likes on 147 Posts

Nice bike, also bought the same bike. The grips were the first to go too.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:54 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 731 Posts

Great looking bike. Congrats!

Old 04-21-2014, 12:06 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Badass pick man. I love those. If I was buying my Dyna now that's what u would have picked. Congrats and enjoy......now what are your mod plans?

Old 04-21-2014, 12:37 PM
DoomGloom
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dig it, just how it is......that's rare for me with a factory bike....

Old 04-21-2014, 12:47 PM
saddlebag
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DoomGloom
Me too.

I read a review on them somewhere the other day where the author noted that it was a favorite Harley among the staff...but they usually like the poorest selling Harleys. I can relate. Functional, standard style motorcycles is not something the MoCo goes out of their way to market. I sure hope this one bucks the trend.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:47 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Very nice! How's that exhaust? Did it eliminate the CAT or is it still in the collector?

Old 04-21-2014, 12:52 PM
snatchcat
Tourer
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Congrats on your new ride!... really nice!... and the only 06 newer Dyna that I think H-D has nailed, really! I put 80 miles on one just recently and loved everything looks wise, the sound of the muffler as it comes from the factory also. I would only change the seat is all, same style but without that stupid seatback hole. I predict this bike will become a instant classic and a few years down the line (not many) people will be scrambling for parts to turn them back mostly stock

Old 04-21-2014, 01:06 PM
HBomb74
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Color me jealous! The only other Harley I've considered trading my Fat Bob for. That thing looks like a modern classic..

Old 04-21-2014, 01:35 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by DoomGloom
Originally Posted by saddlebag
Me too.
Me three! Finally a BT I could wrap my hands around. It is nice not to have to dump a bunch of cash into to get to "right". They really did a good job with this one.

Originally Posted by SLV
Very nice! How's that exhaust? Did it eliminate the CAT or is it still in the collector?
It is just a slip-on. Head pipes and collectors are OEM. I do have an adjustable end cap on the way to play with.

Quick Reply: My '14 Low Rider.....let me show it to you.