Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Getting Upgrade Bug

Old 04-21-2014, 04:23 PM
rickinindy66
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Getting Upgrade Bug

Kudos to DK Customs, Powersport Parts & Revzilla for great service and quick shipping on air cleaner, cycle shack slipons and Saddlemans leather bag respectively.

Attached Thumbnails Finally Getting Upgrade Bug-923556_10202429341949007_4011356754518792738_n.jpg  
Old 04-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 727 Likes on 403 Posts

Looks good. I like that air cleaner.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:39 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I really like the look of the dk AC, but I'm not convinced just by looking at it that it pulls as much air as even a standard stage 1 from the moco, fuel moto, or Arlen ness.... It doesn't look like it has enough surface area. It certainly doesn't look like it would pull as much as a heavy breather or RSD.

Dk, I know you are lurking here somewhere do you have any data you could share? I'm sure many of us here on the forum would love to see your product go head to head in a bake off with some of the more popular comparables. maybe I'll start a thread here petitioning the manufacturers to put up. Anyone interested in seeing that?

Sorry for possible thread jack..... Sweet bike bro.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:02 PM
Cheeto
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by c-note
I really like the look of the dk AC, but I'm not convinced just by looking at it that it pulls as much air as even a standard stage 1 from the moco, fuel moto, or Arlen ness.... It doesn't look like it has enough surface area. It certainly doesn't look like it would pull as much as a heavy breather or RSD.

Dk, I know you are lurking here somewhere do you have any data you could share? I'm sure many of us here on the forum would love to see your product go head to head in a bake off with some of the more popular comparables. maybe I'll start a thread here petitioning the manufacturers to put up. Anyone interested in seeing that?

DK uses a K&N high flow filter element for their A/Cs so you may be able to find something through K&N as well. Edit: Just checked, the filter box for my DK A/C says it flows at 884 cfm and the only info I could find on the Big Sucker was that it flows at ~250cfm. That seems a little extreme to me so take it how you will.

Last edited by Cheeto; 04-21-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:10 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Looks good!

Old 04-21-2014, 10:23 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Bike looks good!! Are you sure your slip ons are on far enough? The brackets shouldn't be showing and the heat shield should butt right up to the chrome on the cycle shacks. Don't want those batboys to fall off while riding, it has happened.

As for DK they also provide an option for the Amsoil non oiled synthetic filter element. They have specs on DK's webs tie

With the K&N!!!

Last edited by JaronB; 04-21-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:33 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheeto
DK uses a K&N high flow filter element for their A/Cs so you may be able to find something through K&N as well. Edit: Just checked, the filter box for my DK A/C says it flows at 884 cfm and the only info I could find on the Big Sucker was that it flows at ~250cfm. That seems a little extreme to me so take it how you will.
Hmm, I don't think the DK would flow over 3x as much. BAKE OFF! BAKE OFF!

Old 04-21-2014, 11:52 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by rickinindy66
Kudos to DK Customs, Powersport Parts & Revzilla for great service and quick shipping on air cleaner, cycle shack slipons and Saddlemans leather bag respectively.
Good to hear! Bike is looking good, are you liking how it runs and sounds?

Originally Posted by c-note

Originally Posted by Cheeto
Cheeto and c-note-

The 587 flows a bit over 240 CFM, which is more than a Stage II 103 can eat. Almost all aftermarket air cleaners are 220 or more CFM, some are even over 300 CFM. All of those are more than the Twin Cams can breathe. But there is more to CFM in looking at how an A/C affects performance. Flow characteristics, and a biggie is clean air only, vs. clean air mixed with hot oily air.

Unlike many selling air cleaners, we have dyno charts running our air cleaners published all over our site. At the bottom are just a couple of charts.

We recently did over 100 pulls comparing our A/C's with SE Stage 1, AN BS, Heavy Breathers, K&N Performance Air Intake Kit, and Forcewinder. These charts will be up on our website next month.

Originally Posted by JaronB
Bike looks good!! Are you sure your slip ons are on far enough? The brackets shouldn't be showing and the heat shield should butt right up to the chrome on the cycle shacks. Don't want those batboys to fall off while riding, it has happened.

As for DK they also provide an option for the Amsoil non oiled synthetic filter element. They have specs on DK's webs tie

With the K&N!!!
Hey Jaron, looks pretty sweet with that synthetic filter. Notice any difference in torque curve? We saw it on the dyno...it is not much, but it moved the torque a bit to the left, and just a bit higher.

As noted above, not because it flows more air, but because of the flow characteristics.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-22-2014, 12:07 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I haven't road it yet with the new filter. To much rain and I just got back from deployment and working on my house. I read about you guys offering up the synthetic when I was deployed and I am an amsoil dealer and for some reason never thought to look up a filter and you guys didn't offer it when I bought the AC. As soon as I got home last week I ordered one. I like not having to deal with the oil and cleaning off sensors all the damn time. My all thread barely fits with the synthetic though. One day I'll get a longer one...lol!!

Old 04-22-2014, 01:05 AM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Good to hear! Bike is looking good, are you liking how it runs and sounds? Cheeto and c-note- The 587 flows a bit over 240 CFM, which is more than a Stage II 103 can eat. Almost all aftermarket air cleaners are 220 or more CFM, some are even over 300 CFM. All of those are more than the Twin Cams can breathe. But there is more to CFM in looking at how an A/C affects performance. Flow characteristics, and a biggie is clean air only, vs. clean air mixed with hot oily air. Unlike many selling air cleaners, we have dyno charts running our air cleaners published all over our site. At the bottom are just a couple of charts. We recently did over 100 pulls comparing our A/C's with SE Stage 1, AN BS, Heavy Breathers, K&N Performance Air Intake Kit, and Forcewinder. These charts will be up on our website next month. Hey Jaron, looks pretty sweet with that synthetic filter. Notice any difference in torque curve? We saw it on the dyno...it is not much, but it moved the torque a bit to the left, and just a bit higher. As noted above, not because it flows more air, but because of the flow characteristics.
DK, I am about to order my A/c what is the main difference between the two kits you sell? Is one for stage 1 and the other for stage 2? I'm only running slips and xieds for now but a 2-1 and a tuner will be in the future once $ allows .. Which one would be most cost effective in my case?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally Getting Upgrade Bug