Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FatBob bullet fairing options?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 03:08 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,459 Likes on 1,406 Posts
Default FatBob bullet fairing options?

Hi All,

As per the title, I am looking for a bullet or quarter type fairing for a 2014 FatBob that I am about to buy.

I have done a fair bit of searching and all I can find is the Dougz fairing, which while it is quite sweet, is a bit taller and deeper than I ideally want.

Does anybody know of any other options? I want to keep the double headlights as I really like the look and intend to put HID kits into them. Here in the UK, the bike is wired from the factory so that one of the double headlights is for dip, and the other for main beam, however I will to rewire the bike so both are active for main and dip. I think the double lights with HID power will be awesome.

Worst case, I'll get the Dougz one, but if there are other options out there I'd love to know. It seems a bit strange what with the FB being pretty popular bike that there don't appear to be other options available that keep the double headlight look.

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-22-2014, 04:13 PM
case013
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually saw a fatbob with a fairing on it the other day. Was a bit odd seeing the dual headlights. I thought it looked pretty damn good. Not quite the style in going with my '14 fb, but I'd like to see how yours turns out.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:33 PM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

conley had a tsport fairing for the dual headlights. i think thats the only other option while keeping the dual front headlights. if you find a smaller one i'd be interested in knowing about it.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:34 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by case013
Actually saw a fatbob with a fairing on it the other day. Was a bit odd seeing the dual headlights. I thought it looked pretty damn good. Not quite the style in going with my '14 fb, but I'd like to see how yours turns out.
Was it a Batwing or a 1/4 fairing you saw? I was looking at the DougZ one as well (in pic), little pricy at $450 (then needs paint & 2 QD's) but I understand the time he spent to dial it in correctly and it is made of urethane and not plastic.

May pull the trigger on one down the road though

Attached Thumbnails FatBob bullet fairing options?-imag1210.jpg   FatBob bullet fairing options?-6965c16f17dcf49b41b589d6de4c2550.jpg   FatBob bullet fairing options?-642667b5e99835361bb427cbc1ded689.jpg  

Last edited by JMC22; 04-22-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:01 PM
case013
Cruiser

It was the quarter fairing. Didn't get to look at it as much as I'd like to, but like I said it had a surprisingly nice look in person. The dougz one does have a nice price attached. Then like you said with the paint. Not sure how it'd look in the sand camo though.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:49 PM
roadblock1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that looks deadly! I would go that route if I had the fat bob

Old 04-22-2014, 07:17 PM
case013
Cruiser

Originally Posted by adm
Hi All,

As per the title, I am looking for a bullet or quarter type fairing for a 2014 FatBob that I am about to buy.

I have done a fair bit of searching and all I can find is the Dougz fairing, which while it is quite sweet, is a bit taller and deeper than I ideally want.

Does anybody know of any other options? I want to keep the double headlights as I really like the look and intend to put HID kits into them. Here in the UK, the bike is wired from the factory so that one of the double headlights is for dip, and the other for main beam, however I will to rewire the bike so both are active for main and dip. I think the double lights with HID power will be awesome.

Worst case, I'll get the Dougz one, but if there are other options out there I'd love to know. It seems a bit strange what with the FB being pretty popular bike that there don't appear to be other options available that keep the double headlight look.

Thanks in advance!
I highly recommend the thug/club style thread. Those guys know a ton about the quarter style fairings and all the goodness that goes with them. Mostly single headlight guys, but I'm sure they would be able to point you in the right direction. Plus there are some sweet freaking bikes.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-pics-479.html

Old 04-22-2014, 07:22 PM
DM426
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 771 Likes on 369 Posts

Has anyone tried one of the single headlight styles on a Fat Bob? Will any of them fit?

Old 04-23-2014, 01:04 AM
pbianculli
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DM426
Has anyone tried one of the single headlight styles on a Fat Bob? Will any of them fit?

I have the HD 5 3/4 LED on my fat bob, and I love it

Old 04-23-2014, 09:11 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by case013
It was the quarter fairing. Didn't get to look at it as much as I'd like to, but like I said it had a surprisingly nice look in person. The dougz one does have a nice price attached. Then like you said with the paint. Not sure how it'd look in the sand camo though.
Thought I remembered that you plan to black out your scoot - why not do it in matte black to match the tank stripes - bet it would look great

Quick Reply: FatBob bullet fairing options?