Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PowerVision tune?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 10:11 AM
toku58
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PowerVision tune?

I have a 2013 Fat Bob with a cobra intake, and V&H big shots exhaust. I use the PV to auto tune the bike and it works well!
But?!
I've noticed that the bike doesn't hold the tune for very long? I keep needing to reflash the custom tune, after about a month or so??

It's almost like the bikes ECU is doing it's own adjusting to the tune and trying to return it to stock settings? Which makes the bike start to run rough.

Then I need to re-flash the custom tune and the bike runs great again!!

Anyone else have this experience? Is there a way I can stop this from happening? Or is flashing the tune periodocally something I'll have to live with????

Old 04-23-2014, 10:46 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

You might want to contact the guys at Fuel Moto and ask them - sounds strange to me that it would do that as you have to do the whole bit of accepting the new flash, turn off the key to reset it....
I'd be interested in hearing a follow up after you talked to them and figured it out...

Old 04-23-2014, 12:18 PM

i'd be interested too since i just ordered a PC 5 from fuel moto, it will be here tomorow

Old 04-23-2014, 04:08 PM
toku58
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JMC22
You might want to contact the guys at Fuel Moto and ask them - sounds strange to me that it would do that as you have to do the whole bit of accepting the new flash, turn off the key to reset it....
I'd be interested in hearing a follow up after you talked to them and figured it out...
I got an answer from Powervision. They said that the bike's ECU is adjusting the "Trim" and "fuel" settings not the tune itself. There's a way to turn that function off in the "tools" setting of the PV. I'll check it out when I get home later today.
Hopefully it's an easy fix and I won't have anymore issues.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:48 PM
IronHyena
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

follow

Old 04-23-2014, 06:16 PM
02fx4dude
Road Master
Received 251 Likes on 130 Posts

Did you do any autotuning and get VE tables as close as you can? If so I would think trim and fuel would not need to be adjusted, when in closed loop of course.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:10 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by toku58
I got an answer from Powervision. They said that the bike's ECU is adjusting the "Trim" and "fuel" settings not the tune itself. There's a way to turn that function off in the "tools" setting of the PV. I'll check it out when I get home later today.
Hopefully it's an easy fix and I won't have anymore issues.
Glad they were able to help you - They are a great Company, I had an issue with the screen on my PV2, I sent it back on Thursday last week & I received a brand new replacement unit today under their warranty program, I can't remember the last time I had an issue with a product and had the pleasure of dealing with a great customer service company.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:33 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

the only time i have seen a tune inside the ecm get corrupt was when I was forced to ride the battery almost dead because my stator had failed. Re- flashed once and that was it for me. Have you had your battery and terminals checked?

Old 04-24-2014, 10:40 AM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just get a TTS put it on a dyno and be done with it and ride

Old 04-24-2014, 10:50 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I am with Scott on this one, it could be a memory lost.
I don't think I understand your question, what do you mean by keep flashing ecm? It sounds strange to me. I never had problem with Power vision, not even a proper dyno tuned and she runs like a top. Thank to Fuelmoto

Originally Posted by maddghost
the only time i have seen a tune inside the ecm get corrupt was when I was forced to ride the battery almost dead because my stator had failed. Re- flashed once and that was it for me. Have you had your battery and terminals checked?

Quick Reply: PowerVision tune?