Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Wide Vintage Seat. - Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 02:02 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Mustang Wide Vintage Seat. - Review

Long story short. My wife is uncomfortable on the pillion of the Sick Saddle. I like the Sick rider seat a lot, but went looking for options for two-up riding.

Coincidentally, a buddy is trading his Street Bob for a Street Glide (sissy) and offered to sell me his brand new Mustang Wide Vintage two piece seat for $100. I didn't even know he had one because he runs some ugly hand tooled seat on his Dyna. As it turns out, the Mustang was still in the factory wrapping and box. Never used.

Deal.

So today I put a couple hundred miles on the rider seat (running solo, still haven't tested the pillion.)

Before I describe anything, I want to say, this seat is extremely comfortable. Firm yet soft enough to form to my shape. The shape cradles me well, but provides a little lower back support with the back ledge.

Looks wise, it's alright I guess. A bit big, but running solo it doesn't look King/Queenish.

The seating position is slightly forward of the Sick Saddle position, but it's also a good deal higher. Although I sit in the seat, I still feel as though I'm sitting on the bike as opposed to in it like the Sick Saddle position. So, although slightly more forward, the height allows good leg stretch.

I burned through a tank of gas on B roads without a thought of discomfort. The Sick Saddle is a very comfortable seat, but it's only flaw is the firmness after a few hours.

Again, I haven't tested the pillion, but for the rider, I highly recommend the Wide Vintage seat for long range comfort.

Side note:
I'm going to Advertise the Sick Saddle. It's in excellent condition. I decided to make an aesthetic change to my daily seat and I ordered the RSD 2-up Avenger seat. I had almost $200 in Revzilla bucks and got the seat for right at $150 put of pocket. This is purely a style change. I have nothing negative to say about the Sick Saddle.

Attached Thumbnails Mustang Wide Vintage Seat. - Review-image.jpg  
Old 04-23-2014, 05:31 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I am surprised how good the seat look on your SB. It isn't a wide vintage, is it? I had the same seat on my old Fatboy, love it! Where is the pillion pic? Enjoy the extra comfort! My bitch still love the Sick saddles pillion, of coz she compares to badlander lol.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:39 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 128auto
I am surprised how good the seat look on your SB. It isn't a wide vintage, is it? I had the same seat on my old Fatboy, love it! Where is the pillion pic? Enjoy the extra comfort! My bitch still love the Sick saddles pillion, of coz she compares to badlander lol.
I was surprised too. It looks better than I thought.

It is the wide vintage.

The pillion is on my workbench awaiting the weekend when I'll take my wife to Brunswick for some fresh shrimp.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:56 PM
ravnos5811
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be curious to hear how your lady likes the seat. Mine is complaining about my stock Fat bob seat. So I'm starting to shop for a different two up seat.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:09 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ravnos5811
I'll be curious to hear how your lady likes the seat. Mine is complaining about my stock Fat bob seat. So I'm starting to shop for a different two up seat.
I'll let you know after the weekend Ravnos.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:07 AM
kevin_s
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same seat on my Wide Glide,I love it,now looking at what pillion seat will look right.
Please post up some pictures with the pillion.
Thanks

Old 04-25-2014, 11:42 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Heres a few pics of what the Mustang pillion looks like on my FXD. My ol likes it just as much as the 2 up Sundowner thats drawing dust in the garage

Attached Thumbnails Mustang Wide Vintage Seat. - Review-mustang-pillion2.jpg   Mustang Wide Vintage Seat. - Review-mustang-pillion3.jpg  
Old 04-25-2014, 11:43 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

i have the non-wide vintage with the thin passenger seat and it is super comfortable, wife likes it too. had it alot of miles and multiple sturgis runs and still in new condition

last night i ordered the rsd solo boss seat in black just to have a different (also made by mustage) that is a bad seat seat, just wanted a small solo to mix it up

Old 04-25-2014, 12:40 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by hell hound
i have the non-wide vintage with the thin passenger seat and it is super comfortable, wife likes it too. had it alot of miles and multiple sturgis runs and still in new condition

last night i ordered the rsd solo boss seat in black just to have a different (also made by mustage) that is a bad seat seat, just wanted a small solo to mix it up
Ah ha! The first thing I thought when I took my RSD Avenger seat out of the box was that it looked a lot like the same construction as the Mustang. Now I know why.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:43 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by kevin_s
I have the same seat on my Wide Glide,I love it,now looking at what pillion seat will look right.
Please post up some pictures with the pillion.
Thanks
Kevin,
I'll get some pillion pics up this weekend. The one on Ynots bike is the same. It is wide and thick. The pillion is not the prettiest thing, but for two-up, it's worth the happy wife.

Quick Reply: Mustang Wide Vintage Seat. - Review