Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Many Comments Here On Fuelpak 3

Old 04-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,632 Likes on 781 Posts
Default Many Comments Here On Fuelpak 3

The kids over on the Softail section have been busy with the new V&H Fuelpak 3. Some great stuff.

Here is the link to the thread.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...he-market.html

Old 04-23-2014, 08:14 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member

Bump for additional evening Dyna readers.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:47 AM
cameron.m
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just ordered one here in the UK to throw onto my street bob

Only got V&H straight shot slip ons at the mo and no air filter (do that later) but I am getting quite a bit of popping so I'll be interested to see how this works out :

Will throw a review up on here once I had it installed

Old 04-25-2014, 02:24 AM
Fatbob V2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're just so expensive in the UK (like anything Harley or Harley related) I'm sure I was quoted £300+ from my dealer who had taken a couple in to try.

I'm only running Rush slip ons with all the wadding removed, kinda like the popping but did like the idea of the FP3 to see what I could do/break with it. I like the idea of visual feedback up on the Iphone too.

Keep us posted on what you get up to with yours.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:21 AM
cameron.m
Cruiser

I don't mind a bit of popping but since my 1000mile service I've been getting a lot in every gear (dealer said he could tweak it to make it sound better)

I got the fp3 for 296 from bsl performance, should be here today. Will keep you posted

Old 04-25-2014, 06:09 AM
Kazz
Advanced

I got the fp3 about 3 weeks ago. Very happy with it so far. Have it on my 13 Fat Bob with Stage one big sucker and SeSp slip ons. I pulled the baffles and installed Cycleshack baffles. Much better sound and a bump in proformance.

Getting ready to do auto tune next. As a side note, when installing the FP3 on the bike to run auto tune , all you have to do is slide it back in under the BCM . There is a space there that it will fit in. That way you can put the cover back on and still have it connected to the diag port

Old 04-25-2014, 06:16 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kazz
I got the fp3 about 3 weeks ago. Very happy with it so far. Have it on my 13 Fat Bob with Stage one big sucker and SeSp slip ons. I pulled the baffles and installed Cycleshack baffles. Much better sound and a bump in proformance.

Getting ready to do auto tune next. As a side note, when installing the FP3 on the bike to run auto tune , all you have to do is slide it back in under the BCM . There is a space there that it will fit in. That way you can put the cover back on and still have it connected to the diag port
Almost all feedback good so far using canned maps. Some questions, not quite problems, with auto tune. Please report back after the auto tune has been completed. Thanks for posting.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:28 AM
cameron.m
Cruiser

Okay mine arrived today and its installed, so easy to install and as previously mentioned you can slide it in and leave it on if you want (I have)

Connected first time, updated firmware and chose my map and flashed, so so simple.

Unfortunately its raining hard here at the moment and rain and a chopped rear fender don't get on all that much, hope to get out tomorrow.

Started her up though and I can hear a massive difference, I have the quiet baffles in my straight shot slipons and I thought it sounded nice before .. Now its sounds beautiful, really didn't expect that much difference.

One thing I did notice, I don't get the option on the air filter, I'm still running stock but i can't say that, so the map is for a hi flo filter, I'll see how that pans out. (Guess I'll need to find that cash for a dk customs filter sooner than I hoped)

That's all I can report at the moment, if I get out tomorrow I'll see how it feels and also if my popping has gone.

More to follow then...

Old 04-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Fatbob V2
Cruiser

First impressions all good then and sounds real easy to install and hide? Let us know how it all goes if you get chance to ride this weekend.
Also, the screen feedback you get on your phone, is it more a gimmick or is it of benefit when riding?

BTW, It's raining here too (well, we do live in England!).

Keep us posted.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:18 AM
cameron.m
Cruiser

Got out and did about 80 miles today and I have to say I am very happy, the constant popping I was getting in every gear has totally gone replaced with just a nice gurgle sound every so often

The overall sound of the bike is great and I'm sure it feels a little smoother and quicker but that might just be me.

I didn't run the sensor data live while I was riding, I don't have a clamp for my phone and not sure how much use it would be to me anyway

As I'm just running v&h slip ons I've not bothered with an auto tune as they reckon the canned maps are pretty much spot on, may do something different once I changed my cleaner and later my exhaust

And that's what I really like about it, the fact that I can control the maps as my bike evolves.

10 out of 10 from me as I never really plan to go any further than stage one.

Last edited by cameron.m; 04-26-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Many Comments Here On Fuelpak 3