Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie on a streetbob with alot of questions

Old 04-25-2014, 07:50 AM
Danny_do_it
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie on a streetbob with alot of questions

Hey guys,
Bought a second hand 2010 street bob 2 months back.
Need to be put up to speed about

1) What is a rake? can i rake my stock forks? Current fork is raked at 21DEg.
With invert fork. item very unstable & forks did function as norm shocks... please shed some lights.

2) is there a rake thick forks on the market that is does not effect so much stabilities issue as my current ones.

3) is there any chance on the market to input wider rear & front rims for my SB? & what are the items that i'll need to mod.

4) custom tanks?

Thanks peeps.!!!

Old 04-25-2014, 08:04 AM
petefwa
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny_do_it
Hey guys,

With invert fork. item very unstable & forks did function as norm shocks... please shed some lights.

2) is there a rake thick forks on the market that is does not effect so much stabilities issue as my current ones.

3) is there any chance on the market to input wider rear & front rims for my SB? & what are the items that i'll need to mod.

4) custom tanks?

Thanks peeps.!!!
None of this makes any sense......

Old 04-25-2014, 08:21 AM
grumble
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by petefwa
OP is from Singapore - you're going to have to do some translation.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:28 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

You better do some calculation, it could screw up bike handling if you do it wrong.
http://207.57.8.251/tools/rake_trail.html

Old 04-25-2014, 08:42 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

You could put Wide Glide trees on it. Depending on the year, the trees have 1 or 2 degrees of rake. In fact, if you put the entire WG front end, it will help the wide tire option.

I don't know much about the wheel change. I know the Street Bob is somewhat limited at the rear. You can go one extra width size on the tire if you trim the belt guard (or remove it.)

The WG front will allow a big change in wheel and tire size. You'll need different spacers, but I'm not sure where to get the information.

Good luck la.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 727 Likes on 403 Posts

Hey guys,

4) custom tanks?

Thanks peeps.!!!

Can you post a picture of the bike? I think a little is lost in translation here, but if I understand the bike has an inverted fork on it now? Maybe the previous owner put an aftermarket fork on the bike, and it changed the rake/trail so it handles poorly now? A stock Street Bob should feel pretty stable.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:06 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
You could put Wide Glide trees on it. Depending on the year, the trees have 1 or 2 degrees of rake. In fact, if you put the entire WG front end, it will help the wide tire option.

I don't know much about the wheel change. I know the Street Bob is somewhat limited at the rear. You can go one extra width size on the tire if you trim the belt guard (or remove it.)

The WG front will allow a big change in wheel and tire size. You'll need different spacers, but I'm not sure where to get the information.

Good luck la.

If he were to go with a complete Wide Glide front end (trees, Legs, 25mm axle and wheel/bearings), then he can use his Street Bob spacers, they are the same part number. My bike currently has Fat Bob trees (same rake as Street Bob), Street Bob legs, spacers, brake caliper and rotor, with a Wide glide hub/25mm bearings laced to a 21"x3.25" hoop on a Wide Glide/Fat Bob 25mm axle.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:14 PM
Danny_do_it
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by petefwa
Hey Guys,
My bad..
What i meant is, i've bought a 2nd hand Streetbob of which, the previous owner had installed an aftermarket fork that is rake out.
Hence this cause me stability issues.
Do you guys have any suggestions on how to stabilize it & what is the minimum rake angle to prevent any stability issues?

On another note, i planning to re-instate the original forks but wish to have that "rake" look.
My question is that, is there any ways that i can rake my original forks?

alternatively , any recommendations for an aftermarket fork that is rake & won't caused an stability issues?

Old 04-26-2014, 12:30 AM
Tat2u
Road Warrior
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

The two ways would be raked bearing cups for the neck stem bearings, easy option but I think they look a bit off as the bottom triple tree ends up sitting a bit lower than stock...

Or.. Use wide glide trees which will give you extra rake but they are wider so will need new axle, axle spacers and fender spacers.

Both options will lower the front too which may be fine with you or you might have to get longer fork tubes.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:02 AM
petefwa
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey Guys,
My bad..
What i meant is, i've bought a 2nd hand Streetbob of which, the previous owner had installed an aftermarket fork that is rake out.
Hence this cause me stability issues.
Do you guys have any suggestions on how to stabilize it & what is the minimum rake angle to prevent any stability issues?

On another note, i planning to re-instate the original forks but wish to have that "rake" look.
My question is that, is there any ways that i can rake my original forks?

alternatively , any recommendations for an aftermarket fork that is rake & won't caused an stability issues?
Sounds like you might be best going back to standard forks and rake.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie on a streetbob with alot of questions