Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a new seat, what do you like?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 09:02 AM
HATZO1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for a new seat, what do you like?

Well it seems I'm in the market for a new seat. After having the bike since new 9/2007 the wife finally decided to try riding and found she loves it and was missing out on so much.
Now to the problem. I have a C & C seat that I love ( The SportTour ) however it apparently is far from comfortable for a passenger. I am reasonably tall and love this seat as it drops me down and back. Just wondering what you guys have for two up riding that your significant others are comfortable on as well as yourself. Would love some input.
Thanks again.

Chris

Old 04-27-2014, 09:22 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Check this review on the Mustang Wide Vintage. It really is the perfect seat for two-up. I took my wife from Savannah to Brunswick for lunch yesterday (she's also just getting started as a passenger.). The pillion got an A+ from her. My rider seat impressions are in the review.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...at-review.html.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:46 AM
06BlackWG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you don't need a backrest the Harley Sundowner is very comfy. You can find a good used one on eBay. My wife was very happy on it. I replaced mine with a Harley Signature Series seat with backrest which is similar to the Sundowner.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Chasespeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 06BlackWG
If you don't need a backrest the Harley Sundowner is very comfy. You can find a good used one on eBay. My wife was very happy on it. I replaced mine with a Harley Signature Series seat with backrest which is similar to the Sundowner.
I'll second the Sundowner. So far, the comfiest seat I've had on a bike. My wife LOVES it. She'll sit in all day. I don't really like the way it looks on the bike, but, as someone else said, you can't see it when your riding... So.... Kinda wish I had a solo seat though... But this bike is to be "comfortable"....

Chase

Old 04-27-2014, 11:15 AM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

The Sundowner is a good choice but I found the Mustang Wide Vintage much more comfortable for long rides.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Looch
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just held my breath and sprung for a Corbin Dual Touring Seat. $$$ yes but it was worth every penny for me. Im not a bar hopper, I like 200-400 mile days.

Attached Thumbnails Looking for a new seat, what do you like?-img_4308.jpg   Looking for a new seat, what do you like?-img_4309.jpg  
Old 04-27-2014, 01:13 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by skinman13
The Sundowner is a good choice but I found the Mustang Wide Vintage much more comfortable for long rides.
I have both and also prefer the Mustang. It looks better, its narrower in the front and sets you lower than the Sundowner. Both seats are good for all day comfort for me and my OL

Old 04-27-2014, 01:50 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Looch
Just held my breath and sprung for a Corbin Dual Touring Seat. $$$ yes but it was worth every penny for me. Im not a bar hopper, I like 200-400 mile days.
I have a Corbin solo & 2-up, love them both

Old 04-27-2014, 02:44 PM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sundowner two-up hands down has been the best I have tried.

Old 04-27-2014, 03:17 PM
baldy1
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have an ultra but ive had other bikes n ive found goin to someone to alter the seat to ur liking is cheaper n usually more satisfied with the out come if u dont like they"ll usually fix it to ur satisfaction

Quick Reply: Looking for a new seat, what do you like?