Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Failed/Failing STT module?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Chasespeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

2010 Street Bob. /2600miles. Right turn indicator flashing fast all the time. Right rear brake light doesn't work. Activate signals, flash normally for a few seconds, then increase in pass. Can hear the module clicking when no signals are activated. Only does it on the right side, and only "OBVIOUS" problem is the no right side brake light. Remove the STT from the loop, and everything is normal, except no brake lights, which would be normal w/o the STT module. I have no idea if I can just leave it out of the loop, and be done with it(cops). Has anyone else run into this? What is the cost on the part(approximately)? This bike was put up in storage since it was 6months old. Now.. The other thing I'm trying to find out, is if it just failed(electronics very possible), or if there is another root cause. Based on the little bit of corrosion on the terminals, I'm going with a failure, but.... I'm trying to be thorough. Thanks, Chase

Edit, found the part, and cost....

Last edited by Chasespeed; 04-27-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Dez Perado
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 04-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Chasespeed
Tourer

Thanks for the codes, they will come I'm handy I'm sure with the little gremlins that've been popping up....

But, in this case, they don't help. The STT module is an add-on into the harness, and doesn't transmit serial data, to generate a diagnostic code/fault.

The TSM sends data back and forth, and that will generate a code if it fails, I WASNT aware of that unit reading this. The FSM, didn't mention that if I recall correctly.

Chase

Old 05-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Chasespeed
Tourer

Okay, took the day off, and spent the day on the bike.

STT is out of the loop, stopping the constant relay clicking, and flickering of lights, and indicator.

However, when I use the right turn signal, it flashes normal, I think, 3x, then flashes fast. Only that side.

Still no codes. It acts like my can does, when it has a bulb out, however, the bulbs are working.

Any thoughts?

Chase