Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power vision and Autotune

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 01:58 PM
IronHyena
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power vision and Autotune

If you do a second or a third, four and so on autotune on a map, do you start to do the autotuning on the already autotuned map? I hope someone understand what i mean.

Seemes that its immpssible to get the decel popping to stop

Last edited by IronHyena; 04-27-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:44 PM
Oldandslow
Cruiser

After you autotune, you save the map to the PV unit before turning off the bike, you then flash the ECM with that saved map. The next time you auto tune, you should select that saved map to autotune. Then you save that map before turning off the bike, and flash that autotuned saved map to the ECM. If you don't save the map, you lose it when you turn off the bike as the PV unit has no power supplied (no internal battery). Is this what you wanted to know?

Old 04-27-2014, 03:57 PM
AmericanSCPO

Ironic you posted this I just came back from about an 80 mile ride and was using auto tune. Out of habit I shut my engine down and bike off. Lost the entire ride data.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:00 PM
IronHyena
Cruiser

thank you

I have done it the way you discribed. Done 6 runs and i still think the bike runs rough.

qess ill just try some more.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:14 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Is that autotune basic or autotune pro? You don't expect autotune basic to do big adjustment. I suggest you to use winpv softaware and delta compare a/b, then you know how much adjustment it is actually done. FYI, if your map is close, 3 autotune sessions all you need.

Originally Posted by IronHyena
thank you

I have done it the way you discribed. Done 6 runs and i still think the bike runs rough.

qess ill just try some more.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:27 PM
CSt6804
Novice
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Auto tune won't get rid of the decal popping no matter how many times you try. The reason is there is no fuel control during decel. Basically the ecm see your in decel mode and goes into open loop. I have no idea why Harley chooses to run it so rich under decel other than to prevent possible stalling or a lean out condition when going back to the throttle. Or maybe to keep the popping and gurgling there intentionally. Or maybe there is another driveablitiy issue I havn't came across yet. I don't know. In the automotive world they actually shut off the injectors during decel. There are other times when O2 voltage is not used like full throttle applications and cold start routine. The ECM goes into "open loop" and runs on a preset fuel table. That table is the VE table. You can tune it out though under deceleration enleanment and deceleration multiplier in the fuel group. If you change the multiplier number it changes "globally" Or you can use the decel enleanment table. I used 1.35 in the multiplier and it got rid of a lot of it. I want to keep some gurgling so I go in small steps. The other table is mainly temp dependent. Also you can play with your VE tables and take away fuel there as well but that's a little more involved and you might create another drivabilityt annoyance there. Some on hear say that you can't get rid of the popping, however after what I have experienced with my bike I would say they might have an exhaust leak, maybe at the muffler connection. Google Delphi fuel control systems. There is a lot you can read to help you understand what's going on inside that ecm. Also google for the screamin eagle tuner manual. It's out there. There is some good info in there as well.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:28 PM
IronHyena
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 128auto
Is that autotune basic or autotune pro? You don't expect autotune basic to do big adjustment. I suggest you to use winpv softaware and delta compare a/b, then you know how much adjustment it is actually done. FYI, if your map is close, 3 autotune sessions all you need.
basic

i orderd the PV and aircleaner from fuelmoto. told them i got a fxdb -14 103 with bassani road rage II mega power 2-1. There where no map for the road rage, the closest i could find was a map for v&h pro pipe 2-1.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:37 PM
AmericanSCPO

Originally Posted by IronHyena
basic

i orderd the PV and aircleaner from fuelmoto. told them i got a fxdb -14 103 with bassani road rage II mega power 2-1. There where no map for the road rage, the closest i could find was a map for v&h pro pipe 2-1.
I have a 2011 FXDB almost same set up on a 96. I have the Bassani but the SE intake normal not heavy breather. Got my PV off the inet have tried several maps and auto tunes still a lot of decel pop. Have added gas in the decel area as well as spark using quick tune still same result. Have been messing with it for about a month. Good luck and let me know if you find something that works.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:49 PM
Oldandslow
Cruiser

Originally Posted by AmericanSCPO
Ironic you posted this I just came back from about an 80 mile ride and was using auto tune. Out of habit I shut my engine down and bike off. Lost the entire ride data.
I've done this several times, myself! I have a mantra I say as I come up to my house, "Don't turn it off, don't turn it off!"

Old 04-27-2014, 04:57 PM
CSt6804
Novice
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't add gas in the decel, take it away. Raise the multiplier. go to 2 if ya want. That should kill all your decel popping. But if you bought it from Jamie at fuel moto he will help you out.

Quick Reply: Power vision and Autotune