Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Street Bob in Charcoal Pearl build!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Dirtyleg
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Street Bob in Charcoal Pearl build!

As I posted on the Newbie forum I Just returned from deployment and purchased my first Dyna, a '14 Street Bob in Charcoal Pearl. I figured I would get my progress started over here on the Dyna side. This is my 3rd HD, having owned two nightsters before. I felt it was time to move up to a bigger bike and have always liked the Dyna family line. Also wanted to give thanks to San Diego Harley for making it a hassle free and very enjoyable experience because when it comes to dealers I had never had one!

Got a Danny Gray Weekday XL Flame stitched seat.

Then installed Bassani 1D5250 Exhaust, Stage 1 intake, Power Vision, removed reflectors, smoked turn signals. I might add that it was a hot day and by the time I got home(12 miles) I was able to pull the reflectors off by hand and only needed a little goo gone for the rear fender to get just a little residual glue off but the fronts came off clean!

Also to clear up any of the Bassani doubts, I ordered my exhaust from Revzilla and received it packaged very nicely, everything secure. Came with well written directions covering everything up to 2014 and the correct single mounting bracket instead of the two piece, came with optional spacer to clear rear ABS master cylinder. Also came with 18mm to 12mm reducer bungs and has a new design to wear stock gaskets work instead having to purchase flat! So I was able to bolt it up with everything that came with the exhaust, nothing extra needed!

While at the dealer to pick up a set of forward controls I came across a footboard set for a Dyna. So after checking them out on the Switchback I was sold so I got them!

Now Im just waiting on passenger mini footboards, Haulen *** Backrest, Magnum black pearl cables and avon flame grips so I can mount my 14" Outlawz. I look forward to learning from all of you here on the forum. Thanks for your time!

Last edited by Dirtyleg; 04-29-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:51 PM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

looking good man! im still debating on what bars to get and im torn between the 14 outlawz an the 14 r6c narrows, cant wait to see how yours turns out

Old 04-29-2014, 01:08 PM
Dirtyleg
Novice

Thanks! I was almost going to buy the R6C until I seen Chap! and Robbie13's bikes with the Outlawz and that sold me! I ran the 12" R6C on my previous Nightster and loved them but I think the thicker or CHUBBIES, Outlawz fit the Street Bob better in my opinion. Either bars are a great option!

Last edited by Dirtyleg; 04-29-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:12 PM
IronHyena
Cruiser

nice ride!

Old 04-29-2014, 02:19 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 734 Likes on 504 Posts

Hmm, I don't know why, but I'm perversely drawn to your bike.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:47 PM
Dirtyleg
Novice

Originally Posted by IronHyena
nice ride!
Thanks

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Hmm, I don't know why, but I'm perversely drawn to your bike.
HAHAH, the feelings mutual! Don't see a lot of them...

Old 04-29-2014, 03:16 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bike looks great! I like the color and the mods!
Thank you for your service!

Old 04-29-2014, 04:16 PM
Dirtyleg
Novice

Originally Posted by Rainmakr
Bike looks great! I like the color and the mods!
Thank you for your service!
Thanks, likewise! I came across a thread where you were talking about the Bassani 1D5250 and that was a big factor in helping me decide on it so thank you for that! Also I see you already know how comfortable the footboards are on the Dyna...

Old 04-29-2014, 04:23 PM
HBomb74
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice looking color on that bike, man. I think some throwback HD badges on your tank would look pretty sweet with that color. Something about your bike screams, nostalgia...

Old 04-29-2014, 04:30 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice, I have had the same pipe for years. I would argue though that you should replace the exhaust gaskets whenever installing an exhaust. R&R'ing the thing because of a blown gasket is a pain and not worth a few bucks.

Quick Reply: 2014 Street Bob in Charcoal Pearl build!