Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks for the advice.....bought it!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 06:52 AM
FellOff
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thanks for the advice.....bought it!

Hello All,

I posted about a week ago asking about going from my 11 SG to a Dyna Street Bob.....and after realizing my wife would most likely not be riding with me but rather next to me, I pulled the trigger and picked up my bike Saturday.

I have never had a bike as an adult without floorboards and heel/toe, but I think I will like this setup. I am not tall (5'9") but still need to straighten my legs so I ordered the Harley highway peg mounts and will go that route to start. If that doesn't suit my needs, I will yank them and install the floorboard kit (would have started with that but hate the idea of opening up the primary).

Here is a pic of mine and the wife's Sporty.....each a blank canvas.

Again, thanks for all of the opinions, good and bad!

Old 04-30-2014, 06:56 AM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking good!

Old 04-30-2014, 06:57 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,635 Likes on 783 Posts

Great choice. In bikes and significant other. I am also 5'9" and love the mid controls as they are. Total control through twisties. Forward pegs for longer rides help. Great looking bikes! Ride on......

Old 04-30-2014, 07:21 AM
peter deering
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking ride love the color on the street bob. I have mid ctls with highway pegs and they are great for comfort. Being able to change positions is a plus. Congrats again

Old 04-30-2014, 07:37 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by FellOff
Hello All,

I posted about a week ago asking about going from my 11 SG to a Dyna Street Bob.....and after realizing my wife would most likely not be riding with me but rather next to me, I pulled the trigger and picked up my bike Saturday.

I have never had a bike as an adult without floorboards and heel/toe, but I think I will like this setup. I am not tall (5'9") but still need to straighten my legs so I ordered the Harley highway peg mounts and will go that route to start. If that doesn't suit my needs, I will yank them and install the floorboard kit (would have started with that but hate the idea of opening up the primary).

Here is a pic of mine and the wife's Sporty.....each a blank canvas.

Again, thanks for all of the opinions, good and bad!

Looking good! Hope you two have many miles of memories riding together.

On the highway peg mounts, you can get better adjust-ability And a lower cost with the Stealth Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit...see details HERE

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-30-2014, 08:11 AM
MacKo2000
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty badass. Been trying to talk my wife into her own bike since we've been together. She doesn't care much to get on the back of my wide glide as she is 5 10 and the wind really kicks her *** up there. She's more of a doer anyways. Congrats on the sweet ride. Wow 2 Harleys in one garage...awesome

Old 04-30-2014, 08:37 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 734 Likes on 504 Posts

Two good looking bikes there, Happy Trails!

Old 04-30-2014, 09:45 AM

lets start a list of mods for these two.

new seats
new pipes
new grips
new levers
new air kit
new shocks
new pegs

Old 04-30-2014, 10:07 AM
NYC.streetkid
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Believe me . . start looking at seats for the Street Bob. You are going to have a sore *** with the stock seat. I went with a Corbin Hollywood solo. Though there are many other options to look at.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Clown Shoes
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on the new seat. I don't have any experience with the SB seat but I swapped my DF stock seat for a Mustang Wide Vintage Solo. Not a single regret on that one.

You also mentioned not having floor boards so I thought I'd recommend some small flat foot pegs in place of the rounded stockers. I noticed a huge difference immediately with the Joker Machine serrated ones. Just a thought. Enjoy your new Bob.

Quick Reply: Thanks for the advice.....bought it!