Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Pro Seat for '14 FXDB

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 05:14 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Pro Seat for '14 FXDB

Okay guys what are my options? I been looking around and not really happy with what I'm finding. Already tried a Le Pera Silhouette and it was about as soft as a cinder block not to mention shaped all wrong. Liked the looks of the Corbin Hollywood Solo but they show no application for my bike. Weird because they have +06 Dyna section and the Bob isn't included in fitment. So that being said what are some ideas? Looking for low and comfy. Lower and narrower (on the sides) than the factory seat. Shape is more what I'm after. Owned a Corbin previously. It was kinda hard but I could ride all day on it since it was shaped correctly. Looking for some guidance.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:24 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The Corbins identified as "Dyna '06-up" will fit the Street Bob.

Also, look at Sick Saddles, very cool seats, well made and good prices.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:29 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The seats in the Dyna-Glide section are the ones you want, see picture.

Attached Thumbnails Low Pro Seat for '14 FXDB-image.jpg  
Old 04-30-2014, 06:01 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Mustang WIDE Tripper is a badass solo. I had the narrower day tripper, but wasn't enough for me(didn't know they made a wider version).

Rode my buddies with the wide tripper and it's very comfy and keeps you pinned to the saddle!

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/605-478

I also have a Saddleman Renegade solo w/ gel and it's my most comfortable solo!

Best looking I think is the Danny Gray Butt Crack.

Last edited by HD Bobber; 04-30-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:26 PM
NYC.streetkid
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

You are reading their site wrong, I have a Hollywood Solo on my 2014 Street Bob. It will fill the requirements you describe. It's not on the bike in the photos in my gallery but if you need a shot I will take one for you. I've been a Corbin user for years . . . the seats work well for me and my body, so I'm cool with it comfort wise. Their customer service and quality control . . . SUX! Don't put up with their crp if you go that route! IF you can take a couple days to ride there and have them fit the seat in person you will be ok. If you order from them, it's hit or miss. They REALLY don't give a damn if you are happy or not these days. I raised hell after two seats not fitting correctly . . . they finally acknowledged an issue with the old mold (supposedly) so they are sending a third my way. I don't have much hope it will be better than the other two but the seat is working out great as far as comfort. I'm still using one that I had to modify to work until they get the 3rd one to me. To let you know how much their customer service sux these days . . . they have an F rating with Better Business Bureau in Florida and a D in California. BUT when they get the seat right . . it's a hell of a seat.

Last edited by NYC.streetkid; 04-30-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:23 AM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess I was lucky with mine. It fits and I like the firmness of it. A comfortable saddle to me. If you really like the Corbin give them a call.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

Thanks for all the info guys. I called Sick Saddles and spoke with Ed. Seems very nice and great customer service. Ordered me up a black leather seat. Can't wait to get it!

Old 05-01-2014, 01:58 PM
pab3rd
Club Member

Received 213 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse_81
Thanks for all the info guys. I called Sick Saddles and spoke with Ed. Seems very nice and great customer service. Ordered me up a black leather seat. Can't wait to get it!
Bought my solo seat from them, and am happy so far. Comfortable and looks great.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:14 PM
roadblock1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
Mustang WIDE Tripper is a badass solo. I had the narrower day tripper, but wasn't enough for me(didn't know they made a wider version).

Rode my buddies with the wide tripper and it's very comfy and keeps you pinned to the saddle!

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/605-478

I also have a Saddleman Renegade solo w/ gel and it's my most comfortable solo!

Best looking I think is the Danny Gray Butt Crack.
I second the Mustang Wide Tripper. I have the same seat and it's low pro and comfy! I got it with the optional back rest for longer trips and it's amazing! Also got the passenger pillion with it and the girl liked it.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:10 PM
NYC.streetkid
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm sure you made a great decision from all I have heard.
Originally Posted by Jesse_81

Quick Reply: Low Pro Seat for '14 FXDB