Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new lift!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 05:54 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts
Default new lift!

got a new table lift today. its the harbor freight lift and i had a coupon out of american iron that made it 299. pretty happy about this. i have been riding HDs since i was 21 and have always enjoyed workin on my bikes. now i am closer to 40 and still like workin on bikes but i am tired of crawlin around on the ground to do it

also i just moved into a new place that has a one car garage that i am using as a bike only space (except washer and dryer in the corner). i plan to set it up as a nice work shop. i even rented a storage unit down the street to put all the crap in that would normally be stored in a garage so i can have more space and set it up like i want it

the last 3 years ive been in a place with a one car carport only. I was glad to have the carport for my bikes but this will be much much better

next i think i will get a new compressor. I am a contractor and have always used small compressors on job sites but i plan to get a vertical tank one to leave in the corner. that would be nice to not have to bring a compressor home from a job site or dig thru the tool trailer everytime i need air

like a kid on christmas morning

Old 04-30-2014, 06:03 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

2 things... #1 you HAVE to bleed the jack on the lift (I have 3 of these suckers) if you bleed the jack it will last forever, super easy to do, just pull that rubber stopper plug and add some hydro jack fluid. pump till no more bubbles. works great!!!

get the locking chuck, works awesome as well... i coated mine to match but they work great... you will wonder how you went so long without it!

Old 04-30-2014, 06:07 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JRK5892
2 things... #1 you HAVE to bleed the jack on the lift (I have 3 of these suckers) if you bleed the jack it will last forever, super easy to do, just pull that rubber stopper plug and add some hydro jack fluid. pump till no more bubbles. works great!!!

get the locking chuck, works awesome as well... i coated mine to match but they work great... you will wonder how you went so long without it!

cool thanks
i have one of those HF chucks too that i bought a while ago for a trailer
do you have those permanently boltedd to the lift

Old 05-01-2014, 09:18 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i use wing nuts on the bottom of the bolts so i can pull it off in seconds... removal of the front wheel with this thing blows. so i will either put the bike on backwards or i will use a vice style front wheel clamp when i am doing front end work

Old 05-01-2014, 09:25 AM
case013
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up one of these a couple years ago. Definitely worth the money.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:25 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Congratulations. .I got a tiny one car garage last year. Would love a table lift but only have room for the J&S jack. It rolls underneath my workbench and is out of the way.

One day I'll have the air compressor and a Handy lift.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:31 PM
milesvdustin
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will chime in and say I love my HF table lift as well. Definitely add fluid and bleed the jack, mine took almost a whole pint. I tried that front chock and had bad luck so I got the condor style from HF. I can lift the front of the bike with my pancake jack and pull the pins on the chock an take the uprights off of it. Solid as a rock!

Old 05-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have been looking at these for a while. Will have to get one.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:16 PM
472viper
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't use mine as much as I used to, but sure am glad I got it when I need it.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:06 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member

yea i was thining about putting that chuck on the lift, i but it on a trailer and ended up not using it because it seemed like it really pinched the front tire, not sure it that is a big deal or not. i just strap the tire to the front rail before i tie it down to keep it from twisting

the vise that comes with the lift seems sort of small to me and i have a feeling it will be replaced with somethin.

Quick Reply: new lift!