Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 1/2 Lowrider

Old 05-02-2014, 05:13 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts
Thumbs up 2014 1/2 Lowrider

So, whaddaya think? Personally, I really like it - especially in black with wire wheels! Black & chrome, how can ya beat that?

If I was gonna buy a new bike, that would be the one for me hands-down.

Last edited by jpooch00; 05-02-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Super8
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpooch00
So, whaddaya think? Personally, I really like it - especially in black with wire wheels! Black & chrome, how can ya beat that?

Went and sat on one, loved the look and adjustable risers but I ended up liking the FXDF Fat Bob better. My Yamaha FZ-09 is selling tomorrow and as soon as I get up a good down payment I'll be riding fat. Low rider is a nice looking bike though, you are right. Rear brake felt a little awkward to me with the extended mid controls.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:27 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Super8
Went and sat on one, loved the look and adjustable risers but I ended up liking the FXDF Fat Bob better. My Yamaha FZ-09 is selling tomorrow and as soon as I get up a good down payment I'll be riding fat. Low rider is a nice looking bike though, you are right. Rear brake felt a little awkward to me with the extended mid controls.
Hey, gotta love the FB's too! Enjoy your new ride & stay safe!

Old 05-02-2014, 06:43 PM
saddlebag
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jpooch00

Luv it! I don't want anything to do with tube tires, so I'd go with the mags.

Went up and sat on one again today. Took my Air Hawk pad. Sitting on that made that bike fit me like a glove and it was sooo comfortable. Even checked the fork and swingarm widths and it appears my old sport bike lift stands would lift it.

I'm eager to see one in the Amber Whiskey, but the black is killer. There were a couple at local dealers, but they came and went quick.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:19 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

This bike is very comfortable and easy to adjust to fit with the adjustable risers and "booster seat". I am 5'8" and do not use the seat pad. I wanted a bit more bend in my elbows so in 2 minutes I loosened up the risers and bars, rotated risers back a few degrees, put bars back where they were, tightened things up.....BAM....done and super comfortable.

I love 2-1 pipes. I did swap out the OEM muffler with the SE Nightstick with a LA Choppers adjustable end cap for a but more rumble. Once it breaks in it will be just what I am wanting sound wise.

Brakes are more then adequate for the bike. Even has steel braided lines. The mid controls (another must for me) moved a couple inches forward from normal still give you great control but a bit more room.

Now get this......the suspension actually WORKS on the bike as delivered from the factory. Small stuff you barely feel and bigger hits are absorbed and don't unsettle the bike. Wind flow is very well managed, too.

I am coming from owning XL's, one XR, a VRSCR and a few metrics thrown in there in the past and this is by far the most comfortable but still nimble enough to change direction quickly and confidently. I enjoy the longer wheelbase and the fact that I sit "in" the bike instead of "on top" of the bike as you do on XL's. Lean angle is good as well with the mid controls.

Also swapped out the grips. For some reason the OE units are a bit small in diameter compared to other H-D's.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:15 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by modular
This bike is very comfortable and easy to adjust to fit with the adjustable risers and "booster seat". I am 5'8" and do not use the seat pad. I wanted a bit more bend in my elbows so in 2 minutes I loosened up the risers and bars, rotated risers back a few degrees, put bars back where they were, tightened things up.....BAM....done and super comfortable.

I love 2-1 pipes. I did swap out the OEM muffler with the SE Nightstick with a LA Choppers adjustable end cap for a but more rumble. Once it breaks in it will be just what I am wanting sound wise.

Brakes are more then adequate for the bike. Even has steel braided lines. The mid controls (another must for me) moved a couple inches forward from normal still give you great control but a bit more room.

Now get this......the suspension actually WORKS on the bike as delivered from the factory. Small stuff you barely feel and bigger hits are absorbed and don't unsettle the bike. Wind flow is very well managed, too.

I am coming from owning XL's, one XR, a VRSCR and a few metrics thrown in there in the past and this is by far the most comfortable but still nimble enough to change direction quickly and confidently. I enjoy the longer wheelbase and the fact that I sit "in" the bike instead of "on top" of the bike as you do on XL's. Lean angle is good as well with the mid controls.

Also swapped out the grips. For some reason the OE units are a bit small in diameter compared to other H-D's.
Yep, I checked them out at the local dealer today and if I was gonna pony up the $$$ for a new bike, this would be the one. Gotta say, in today's world, these seem to be pretty good bang-for-the-buck bikes (for a H-D). They had one in every color option, and for me, black is still the winner!

Last edited by jpooch00; 05-03-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:35 AM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

I have about 1300 miles on my new low rider and no buyers remorse yet!

Old 05-08-2014, 09:54 AM
l8ybug72
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't get enough of mine

Old 05-08-2014, 10:26 AM
pab3rd
Club Member

Received 213 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Willis 48
I have about 1300 miles on my new low rider and no buyers remorse yet!
Only up to 800 miles on mine but agree no buyers remorse...