Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDX Super Glide Sport - opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 08:59 PM
vaxxine
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FXDX Super Glide Sport - opinions please

I've located a dealer with a brand new (never sold, zero miles) 2001 FXDXT. The FXDX has always intrigued me and being a short inseam guy, it might be a good fit. Looking for opinions on the bike, as well as thoughts on possible problems with a 13 year old bike that has never been used. From research on the web I believe there would some engine mods required for an '01 TC88. Obviously there's no factory warranty left on this machine and the dealer would provide a 6 month dealer warranty, but that's it.

Also, are there any technical or reliability advantages to an older TC88 vs the newer 96 or 103 ci engines ? I've been reading about fly wheel run out issues and vibration and all sorts of nonsense with the new, larger engines. Not sure how prevalent or serious all that is, but it doesn't sound good.

I've noticed that used FXDX models seem to sell for less than other models, and take a long time to sell. Apparently not a popular model.

Opinions appreciated. Thanks in advance

Old 05-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

PRICE?

The FXDX is a very nice motorcycle that comes from the factory with some of the things that most of us eventually add to our bikes anyway.

It sounds like a great find!

Old 05-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd jump on it. I'd love to have the FXDX shocks, forks, dual front discs. Of course, I prefer carb to FI (except for the warmup period.) Less complicated and you can set idle speed however you want. The 88 is as strong as most 96's because it wasn't leaned out and regeared to meet stricter emissions.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:18 PM
dudshep31
Road Captain

Is it the fxdxt or FXDX? Either way, I'd jump all over it.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:23 PM
gnstalodz
Road Captain

Originally Posted by vaxxine

I've noticed that used FXDX models seem to sell for less than other models, and take a long time to sell. Apparently not a popular model.
e
Where do you love your lover* so I can buy a second one for cheap? They are expensive as hell up here. How much does the dealer want?

Last edited by gnstalodz; 05-04-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:24 PM
gnstalodz
Road Captain

Also, short inseam? I thought these bikes sat higher than most?

Old 05-04-2014, 09:25 PM
killallninjas
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

buy it

Old 05-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by gnstalodz
Where do you love so I can buy a second one for cheap? They are expensive as hell up here. How much does the dealer want?
That's kind of a personal question. LOL.
I would tell the dealer you want new tires, and as long as he will give you a six month warranty that should take care of any problems from not being ridden. Does it actually have zero miles, because I don't even think that is possible. All bikes should have a few miles from testing after manufacture?

Old 05-04-2014, 09:33 PM
gnstalodz
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Ron750
That's kind of a personal question. LOL.
I would tell the dealer you want new tires, and as long as he will give you a six month warranty that should take care of any problems from not being ridden. Does it actually have zero miles, because I don't even think that is possible. All bikes should have a few miles from testing after manufacture?
fixed, ty

Old 05-04-2014, 11:07 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vaxxine
I've located a dealer with a brand new (never sold, zero miles) 2001 FXDXT. The FXDX has always intrigued me and being a short inseam guy, it might be a good fit. Looking for opinions on the bike, as well as thoughts on possible problems with a 13 year old bike that has never been used. From research on the web I believe there would some engine mods required for an '01 TC88. Obviously there's no factory warranty left on this machine and the dealer would provide a 6 month dealer warranty, but that's it.

Also, are there any technical or reliability advantages to an older TC88 vs the newer 96 or 103 ci engines ? I've been reading about fly wheel run out issues and vibration and all sorts of nonsense with the new, larger engines. Not sure how prevalent or serious all that is, but it doesn't sound good.

Opinions appreciated. Thanks in advance
Post pics of the bike and a linky to the ad so we can see this unicorn.

Quick Reply: FXDX Super Glide Sport - opinions please