Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fat bob triple tree conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default fat bob triple tree conversion

I'm looking to go with fat bob triple trees on my build and saw these on Harleys website for $269 ($215 on kutterharleyonline.com). I know I will have to go with a axle kit as well. Just want to make sure these will be good to go with.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/triple-tree-kit-pa-04-4860909--1?version=desktop

Old 05-07-2014, 12:15 AM
DoomGloom
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, those will work, I have those trees on my 09 Street Bob. If you are gonna run the Street Bob front wheel, your are gonna need some custom wheel spacers since it has a mid glide hub on it. I'm running a FXDF Front wheel on mine, so I used the FXDF wheel spacers and 2 washers on each caliper mounting bolt to center it on the brake.....

Old 05-07-2014, 05:33 AM
Tat2u
Road Warrior
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Yep have fat bob trees on my street bob. As already stated, If you are reusing your stock wheel, axle and axle spacers, are needed, I machined a spacer for my brake rotor rather than spacing the caliper. Also some spacers for your fender will be needed if reusing that too.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:55 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Converted to Fat Bob trees, use Street Bob spacers with a Wide Glide hub (same part numbers for spacers used on both the Street Bob and Wide Glide), new axle, Street Bob legs, Street Bob caliper (no spacer), new rotor (no spacer).

Old 05-07-2014, 06:08 AM
orange52
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm gathering parts for this conversion too (I have new fatbob tree's) but want to keep my 19" wheel.

So far I've found kits from Hawg Halters and CCI, are there any others that sell a conversion kit?

Old 05-07-2014, 06:19 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Changing it all

I purchased a set of those trees and used my purchased 49mm fork tubes and installed my 30mm cartridge kit and making a set of V-Rod lowers to work. The fender is a 8 oz called a Street Stalker. I used FLT 16" X 3.75" C/F wheels (front & rear) I had made and all fits and works well. I use my adapters, 320mm MMC 2.2 pound rotors and real Brembo calipers to stop the thing.

I am taking it one step further and removing the sliders and putting on 2014 FLT sliders and I have coming a complete brand new complete Switchback headlight nacelle. I will remove the triple trees and weld on mounting bungs for the Nacelle in the proper place, make a set of adapters & extenders to move the cow bells down as I do not believe no one makes new & longer cow bells for the 49mm yet. I plan on making the necessary hardware to use a removable windshield.

I purchased a set of switchback bags and purchased an Oldies fiberglass rear fender with frenched in license plate. It is a bitch to adapt a 8" fender to the 2005 FXDLR. I am using a FLHX rear directional stop/turn housing(s) & brackets to contain the Custom Dynamics cluster LED's. I will add the the Custom Dynamics to the 2.25" flush mount circles in my bags as I have them in my other bike and they are a great safety feature for idiots behind you. I use Deutsch connectors for easy and painless saddle bag removal. I used all of the HD quick release saddle bag hardware for this job.

All in all I am making a mini bagger and using a very worked on brand new S&S 124ci crate motor and have just put in $7,500 worth of motor work just to make sure it has enough power to keep up with the group or cruise at a reasonable speed. I do have a RevTech 6 speed cluster I may or may not put in it. If I do it will have a 0.65 6th gear.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

Anyone have a part number for the Fat Bob front axle spacers? Also anyone know where to find a spoked wheel for one too?

I want to use my front RWD Rambler fender I have but take it to a welder and have it split then have the gap filled in. Just need to know if the tire on the Fat Bob is the same height as my Street Bob tire.

Last edited by Dyna_Bagger85; 05-07-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:43 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dyna_Bagger85
Anyone have a part number for the Fat Bob front axle spacers? Also anyone know where to find a spoked wheel for one too?

I want to use my front RWD Rambler fender I have but take it to a welder and have it split then have the gap filled in. Just need to know if the tire on the Fat Bob is the same height as my Street Bob tire.
I have a wide glide hub with no bearings, you could lace it up to the street bob hoop. Then install some 25mm bearing and spacer and use your street bob spacers.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

Originally Posted by blueangel73
I have a wide glide hub with no bearings, you could lace it up to the street bob hoop. Then install some 25mm bearing and spacer and use your street bob spacers.
Thanks but I want to go to the fat front tire

Old 05-07-2014, 10:59 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dyna_Bagger85
Thanks but I want to go to the fat front tire
That's cool, was just letting you know. I would guess it could be laced up to any size hoop as long as it's a 40 hole hoop. Mainly it would save the need of new wheel spacers and rotor spacers if your using your street bob legs/lowers with the fat bob trees.

Quick Reply: fat bob triple tree conversion