Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detachable Sissybar '13/'14 Street Bob???

Old 05-07-2014, 01:36 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detachable Sissybar '13/'14 Street Bob???

Okay so I want to do a detachable setup on my bike for the wife. I don't want to move my plate. I called HD and asked about this kit.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-11-5396806--1

They said I'm good to use this but at the same time I'm asking the questions the guy on the phone is asking someone else as he's not sure. This kit doesn't look like it'll work with the sidemount plate to me being these just eliminate the wing shaped brackets that the bikes have for the lights and use spacers instead for clearance for the sideplate quick release latch. However on '13/'14 part of that wing shaped light bracket is also the plate bracket. So my question is, has anyone used this kit on these year of bikes and NOT moved the plate?

Old 05-07-2014, 01:53 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse_81
Okay so I want to do a detachable setup on my bike for the wife. I don't want to move my plate. I called HD and asked about this kit.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-11-5396806--1

They said I'm good to use this but at the same time I'm asking the questions the guy on the phone is asking someone else as he's not sure. This kit doesn't look like it'll work with the sidemount plate to me being these just eliminate the wing shaped brackets that the bikes have for the lights and use spacers instead for clearance for the sideplate quick release latch. However on '13/'14 part of that wing shaped light bracket is also the plate bracket. So my question is, has anyone used this kit on these year of bikes and NOT moved the plate?
You're right. The left side TS stalk is a shortened version of the wing shaped stalk with the side plate bracket adding a small section of more wing shape. If you use the kit in the link, you won't be able to use the stock side plate because the wing shaped section of the license plate bracket will have nowhere to go.

You can however use any number of side plate kits that attach a license plate bracket to your axle or lower shock bolt. Then, you could use the kit in your link.