Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hard candy paint- voodoo purple

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 05:50 PM
PRODUCTofNJ
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hard candy paint- voodoo purple

So I am thinking about a new bike and I managed to narrow it down to either a street bob or a lowrider. From those 2 bikes I am leaning toward a street bob. I found a voodoo purple street bob and I was close to pulling the trigger but now I am second guessing the decision and considering vivid black. Do the hard candy colors (specifically purple) seem like something that would go out of style? Black is a timeless color but that purple is just an extremely vibrant color. But I also know that not everyone likes it and it might make resale a little harder.. I am worried I would get tired of the purple. So what do you think? Would you get a color that bold or keep it a little more simple? It's nice to have a rare color but....purple?

Old 05-08-2014, 05:56 PM
mtnbkr62
Tourer

That is the same thinking I had when I bought mine, I loved the red, and the Purple but since I am planning this bike for a long time I was afraid of getting tired of the purple, so you see my choice Vivid Black

Old 05-08-2014, 06:09 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I say, buy what you like and enjoy it. The purple looks great on the Sportser 72. I haven't seen it on a Bob.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:40 PM
PRODUCTofNJ
Cruiser

Id post a picture of the bike but I'm on my phone and I don't know how. Slv, the purple on the 72 looks nice as it reflects of the chrome great. However it also looks great on the bob due to the black under lay coat and the black accents on the street bob. I drove 2 hours to look at this bike, and now I feel like I'm back to vivid black on either the street bob or low rider. This Will be my first Harley since I have a Yamaha fz6r now. Naturally, Id really like to NOT regret this purchase....

Old 05-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
I say, buy what you like and enjoy it. The purple looks great on the Sportser 72. I haven't seen it on a Bob.
What SLV said. Buy what you like. Don't worry about going out of style. Look at his....he rolled with it. I like it. But don't worry about what others think.

Last edited by Robbie13; 05-08-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:10 PM
widejd
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever makes you smile!! At the end of the day, when you get home and park it, get off of it and look at it, it only has to make you happy and no one else.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:10 PM

I saw a purple SB, it looks bad ***!, lots of people have black bikes, dime a dozen. that purple stands out in a good way!

Old 05-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,512 Likes on 803 Posts

I would be worried that I would get tired of black way before I would get tired of a color, especially considering that more than half of the motorcycles I see on the road are black.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:27 PM
PRODUCTofNJ
Cruiser

Well also another option would be to order the hard candy chrome as it would be the same price as the purple... So many options but no blue or green, the 2 colors id really like. I'm starting to think vivid black would be nice since I could use the money saved to mod. The bike.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:54 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Black is timeless - but also a color that probably 90% of the Harley's are painted
Go with the color you like and don't worry about what others might say

Quick Reply: hard candy paint- voodoo purple