Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Shocks & Tank Decal

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 11:08 PM
BradMc
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Shocks & Tank Decal

Just finished installing progressive 11" shocks.
Really like how they look and the altered stance of the bike, they arent comfortable by any stretch but thats to be expected.

Also finally fitted the new tank decal.
I`ve covered the FXDC silver pin stripes with a gloss black pin stripe and it`s really worked well.

Got these decals from http://www.stickerhauz.com

Attached Thumbnails New Shocks & Tank Decal-img_1909.jpg   New Shocks & Tank Decal-img_1914.jpg   New Shocks & Tank Decal-img_1904.jpg  
Old 05-09-2014, 11:34 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The decal is cool. Unique too.

I don't get the short shocks idea if the ride isn't comfortable. Part of the bobber look though.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:52 PM
Bushranger
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV

I don't get the short shocks idea if the ride isn't comfortable. Part of the bobber look though.
No offense SLV but not everyone is a fan of the "Thug style", lets be honest, a 10 year old rice burner looks the same and goes faster. I was neutral on the style but the arrogant posts when peeps post a bike not in the style make you lot come across as a bunch of pretentious teenagers. People making a first post on the site are proud of thier bikes and shouldnt be put down because the posted in the "Thug/club" thread not knowing what the style is.

My opinion, dont really give a rats **** what you guy's think.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:54 PM
DoomGloom
Tourer

Originally Posted by SLV

Cool hurts......I dig it!

Old 05-10-2014, 12:41 AM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts

Tank decal, paint, lay down plate & tail light, Derby cover, cam cover, belt guard, seat, pipes and bars all cool.
Very nice bike.

Old 05-10-2014, 01:01 AM
BradMc
Intermediate

Cheers all,

This bike for me is style over comfort for sure, my 2014 Street Glide is my comfortable ride. But then again it`s nowhere near as much fun as the Dyna.
It`s almost too comfortable if that makes sense.

I think after initially trying the 11" progressive shocks that i`ll eventually get an Air Ride setup. Really like the look of the lowered ride, it just comes at a cost comfort wise. Just installed them today so havent had tome to really give them a good run.

All good though and i like some of the Thug style bikes too, SLV your ride is one that i`ve admired for a while now.

Have another couple of pics below, wish i had my DSLR handy as these are iphone pics.

Attached Thumbnails New Shocks & Tank Decal-img_1893.jpg   New Shocks & Tank Decal-img_1900.jpg  

Last edited by BradMc; 05-10-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:12 AM
Bbbadboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang BR you been saving that up for awhile ? That is the killer with the shocks you don't know until you try them. And now you own num. An Oh ya they look fn Cool. It took me a awhile to figure out why yr mirror was sticking out past yr headlight. Im on my phone . Culvert. Got it. Lookin good.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:50 AM
03geetee
Cruiser

Looks great man!

JTR

Old 05-10-2014, 09:09 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Brad.
I like your bike. You've done a good job.

I only questioned the shock choice because you said they were uncomfortable. No way was I trying to slam your bike. (No pun intended.)

Originally Posted by Bushranger
No offense SLV but not everyone is a fan of the "Thug style", lets be honest, a 10 year old rice burner looks the same and goes faster. I was neutral on the style but the arrogant posts when peeps post a bike not in the style make you lot come across as a bunch of pretentious teenagers. People making a first post on the site are proud of thier bikes and shouldnt be put down because the posted in the "Thug/club" thread not knowing what the style is.

My opinion, dont really give a rats **** what you guy's think.
Bushranger,
I don't know what your going on about. I've never criticized a persons bike on this forum, and I don't carry the torch for the Thug/Club style bike. I couldn't care less if you like it or if 10-year-old sport bikes go faster.

My comment to Brad was solely related to the fact that his 11" shocks are uncomfortable. I went on to say that it's part of the bobber style.

I've been nothing but helpful when I can offer help, and have always been complimentary to other people's creativeness.

If you don't like the style if my bike, I suggest that you not build one.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:27 AM
BradMc
Intermediate

All Good SLV as i didn`t take your comments like that at all

I think Bushranger was just having an off day which happens.

I agree with you on the lowered shocks now after having tried them out first hand, luckily i got these on the cheap used so it was a good experiment.

I think an Air Ride system is the go for this bike as it`ll give the slammed look and still offer a nice ride long distance.
Gotta figure out now which air ride to go with, it never ends

Quick Reply: New Shocks & Tank Decal