Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full length chin spoiler for dyna

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 12:23 AM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Full length chin spoiler for dyna

Well I'm about ready to start fabrication on a full length chin spoiler for my '08 Street Bob to Fat Bob-ish conversion. Really I don't know what you would call it once all is said and done. But that's beside the point.

After lots of research I've noticed that about the only chin spoilers for dyna's are the little snub nose ones that barely cover anything on the front of the frame. Thus begins my idea for a top to bottom spoiler. I know those doing the whole minimum/bobber look wouldn't really have a need for one. But those of us going with full length front and rear fenders may want that distinguished look of "What in the world type of dynamic is that?".

My plan so far is to shape large foam blocks that I picked up from Michael's into the mold for my spoiler and then cover with aluminum tape and fiberglass over and from there fab up a mount to attach it to. Also it will provide a cover for my air compressor for my air ride.

This project will start tomorrow and over the next week or so hopefully have a spoiler that will rock so hard that others will want one as well.

Anyone have any input on wanting a full length chin spoiler for our dynasty?

Old 05-16-2014, 05:13 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Don't forget to maintain good air flow to the engine.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:26 AM
butch patrick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been looking at chin spoilers as well. I like the 2008 fxdse and trying to figure out if it is the harley dyna chin spoiler or something different. It could be that it looks differeñt because the frame is also painted. Do anyone know or has a fxdse spoiler mounted on their dyna?

Old 05-16-2014, 08:41 AM
NHMJONES
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyna_Bagger85
Well I'm about ready to start fabrication on a full length chin spoiler for my '08 Street Bob to Fat Bob-ish conversion. Really I don't know what you would call it once all is said and done. But that's beside the point.

After lots of research I've noticed that about the only chin spoilers for dyna's are the little snub nose ones that barely cover anything on the front of the frame. Thus begins my idea for a top to bottom spoiler. I know those doing the whole minimum/bobber look wouldn't really have a need for one. But those of us going with full length front and rear fenders may want that distinguished look of "What in the world type of dynamic is that?".

My plan so far is to shape large foam blocks that I picked up from Michael's into the mold for my spoiler and then cover with aluminum tape and fiberglass over and from there fab up a mount to attach it to. Also it will provide a cover for my air compressor for my air ride.

This project will start tomorrow and over the next week or so hopefully have a spoiler that will rock so hard that others will want one as well.

Anyone have any input on wanting a full length chin spoiler for our dynasty?
CORBIN makes one if you need a reference etc

Old 05-16-2014, 08:51 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

You should see the one that Joe is putting on his ride, seems to be some room behind it, enough for him to hide his air compressor anyways. Don't know how close or how much interference thaere would be if you ran the heritage style fender you were talking about.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-begun-12.html

Last edited by blueangel73; 05-16-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:13 AM
PRODUCTofNJ
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think fender clearance and more importantly air flow to the motor would be an issue. It would have to be tall and stubby to clear the fender. What about a cut out in the middle of the spoiler? Almost like an intake for a car buy elongated? Hard to explain but the edges would be rounded and tapperded but air could still flow thru the middle? I don't think I'm describing it well but from the side it would look normAL, just cut out in a sense in the middle....

Old 05-16-2014, 01:03 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

If you turn your bike into a likeness of Jay Leno you'll end up cooking your motor!

Old 05-16-2014, 05:01 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Deviant fabrications makes this lower chin spoiler. awesome product! here is what i did to make mine work

had to off set the compressor a bit to allow for space, but works great!

Old 05-16-2014, 08:13 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 345 Likes on 159 Posts

Roland Sands has a full chin fairing for the Dyna.