Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Club...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 07:01 PM
bjewell
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 347 Likes on 133 Posts
Default The Club...

I've had the '04 WG since December. It's my go-to bike around town and now I'm giving serious thought to selling the '09 SG. It's too big, too slow, too much of too much.

I've noticed that passing other Dynas, FXRs, and stripper Shovels, there's a common bond. I'm not a waver, and most folks riding these bikes seem the same. But we nod or something. It's like a club of guys that get it about what Harleys once were.

Dynas are real Harleys, the perfect size, the perfect blend of style, speed and enough discomfort that you know you're riding and not sitting on a Barca lounger.

I don't know how I got conned into the touring bike thing but at 69 and having ridden since I was 14, I know what's right for me. Sorry to go on. Just I really like this bike... -L-

Last edited by bjewell; 05-17-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:04 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

FYI, they didn't make FLHX/Street Glides in 2004....but, whatever floats your boat. Good luck finding your preferred ride of choice.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:46 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Mr. Jewell has a new-to-him '04 SuperGlide and is considering the sale of his Street Glide (not sure what year.)

BJewell,
I agree that the Dyna has an essence of what HD used to be. Still fairly simple, customization can go in several directions.

As for waving, hell, I'll wave at a car with only one headlight. I've had years when I couldn't afford a bigger bike and can appreciate that people are out riding. I don't get hung up on the selective-wave process.

It's funny, since I have my fairing, most Harley guys don't wave anymore until they see it's a hog, then they try to slip the wave in at the last minute.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:54 PM
bjewell
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 347 Likes on 133 Posts

Sorry, wasn't clear. I have a 2004 WG and a 2009 SG.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:00 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 732 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Mr. Jewell has a new-to-him '04 SuperGlide and is considering the sale of his Street Glide (not sure what year.)

BJewell,
I agree that the Dyna has an essence of what HD used to be. Still fairly simple, customization can go in several directions.

As for waving, hell, I'll wave at a car with only one headlight. I've had years when I couldn't afford a bigger bike and can appreciate that people are out riding. I don't get hung up on the selective-wave process.

It's funny, since I have my fairing, most Harley guys don't wave anymore until they see it's a hog, then they try to slip the wave in at the last minute.
It's a downright Hoot! It's funny how I think it brings out the same emotion in both HD riders and sport bike riders, both when it finally registers in their brains that it's a Harley and were having a fun time riding them that they both are jealous

What a fun bike with character!

You don't have to be the fastest, you don't have to be the most death-defying, you just have to provide the most fun!

I've grown so tired of waving at people on bikes, you know what, I state this here and now, I only want to wave at other Dyna riders.

Sorry to the rest of the world, you'll have to get in line, take a number, and kiss my ***! :i con_eddie:

Old 05-17-2014, 09:28 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hell no preference here I've accidently waved at kids on those dual headlight 49cc scooters! i've noticed that in new hampshire nobody waves, I guess there are so many bikes that their arms must get tired!Of the wavers and non wavers I tend to wave out of respect for the original biker brotherhood but if you do you do , if you don't you don't. I don't get all huffy about it! wether it's the sideways peace sign, the number one index finger, the full hand, or full on raise the arm "I salute you" man whatever floats your boat.My favorite has to be "slow down cops ahead" - dangerous curve, sudden stop or half naked women just ahead!

Old 05-17-2014, 09:36 PM
DJY
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I had a younger fellow wave to me like a 5 yr old would, you know, the open hand at chest height back and forth. Made me realize how dumb it is to wave at every bike.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:36 PM
NYC.streetkid
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I can certainly understand enjoying a Dyna over a SG. I have absolutely no desire for a SG / bagger. What other people want is none of my business. As far as the 'wave' thing . . I have seen some hilarious videos on YouTube of people 'seriously' analyzing the proper way to 'wave', how different motorcyclists (brands) 'wave' differently, or why someone does or doesn't 'wave' etc etc, taking it all WAYYYY too serious! It's hilarious to me! Personally I think the whole 'wave' thing is somewhat silly. It's good to run into other motorcyclists somewhere who ride and who I share a bond, but this silly waving thing on the road can get ridiculous. Get on the Blue Ridge Parkway in spring / summer / fall and you could break your arm waving at all the bikes IF you were a waver. As far as Dynas and understanding the attraction with other Dyna riders, yea, I understand. Glad you like your bike so much. I feel the same about mine.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 732 Likes on 503 Posts

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't not wave at people.

I'm a people person.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:47 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,112 Likes on 11,090 Posts

I rode Road Kings for many years (not mine though) and was ready for downsizing. I know how you feel, Dyna was the perfect step down for me.

Quick Reply: The Club...