Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wards Cooling Fans for my Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by Id.Fat Bob
Is it AM or FM...
Now that's funny

Old 06-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks a lot easier than installing an oil cooler.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:37 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Bart
Looks a lot easier than installing an oil cooler.
Pretty easy, just spent most of the time trying to hide the wiring as best as I could.

The Thermostat has started to act up a bit, keeps the fans on long after shutdown. I have emailed Jason, and he is already sending me a new and different thermostat. Jason has a great rep for backing his product and this is just another verification of that.

I will update this thread when I install the new thermostat.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:40 PM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm tempted to get a set of these; I like that they are smaller/more low-profile than Love Jugs.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:01 PM
ghira75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Strobe
Good Info. It looks really good on the bike. Almost like it belongs on there.
agreed, look at my sig pic, they look like they belong there and yet not that noticeable..

More pics on this post : https://www.hdforums.com/forum/11281128-post1339.html

Old 06-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Peter Black
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
Don't seem to hear a lot about these fans here in the Dyna area although the baggers use them a bunch. I live in the North Texas area and the summer heat is really tough to deal with and the biggest problem is when you are stopped or just going slow, traffic light to traffic light. So I decided on the Wards Fans because they help when it really counts - when there is little to no airflow, plus I have the True Track stabilizers installed which hinders a lot of the oil coolers. Here is what came in the mail in about 4 days after ordering:

I have been thinking about this set up for a while now, but i'm hesitant to attach any more ring terminals to my battery (already have battery tender and heated gear harness) does ward give instructions for hooking it up the the B+ connector under the seat so it can be switched off by the ignition?

The last 45 minutes of my commute (into/out of the new york city) are a stop and go tap dance that is really brutal on the motor, so I think having this and maybe an oil cooler could save me from some heat induced problem.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:46 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

My Lenale cooling fan just crapped out after about 6 months. Its the second one in two years. I just dont think any fan will survive my riding conditions. Very hot, very wet, bad roads, and the dyna vibratation makes them toast.

My first oil cooler fan (Jagg) failed as well, but Jagg did agree to replace and the second one is still functioning.

I would like to consider the Wards, but the fans on the end of the stalks just looks like they would pogo around and eventually snap off. They should send me one and could test it in the ultimate stress test of the Philippines!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

The B+ connection under my seat is always on, Which is a good thing. I have the newer snap switch. Fans run after shutting engine off about 5 min, Until head temps down to about 145. Keeps the hot heads from cooking the fan motors.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just ordered one of these...Looking forward to getting it on my bike soon. I do run a tuner and fuel moto has programmed it with a good map but Im trying to get the temperature down some more.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Bearston
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good and sounds positive for now, curious how they hold up over time, too.

Quick Reply: Wards Cooling Fans for my Fat Bob