Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swapping street bob handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Streetbobmtl
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping street bob handlebars

Hey guys, nice to finally join this forum. It's crazy how much helpful information you can find on here. I,m a 38 yr old male from Montreal,Canada who loves to ride. Motorcycles are considered therapy for myself. I purchased my 09 street bob and now realize what all the fuss is about. Not sure if this is where I can post question but here it is and maybe someone ca either guide me in the right direction or help me out.

My fxdb comes with mini apes (12inches) and I got some awesome 14inch chubby wild1's. This things are bad ***. My issue is that they hit the top nut of my forks. As if this was not bad enough, my risers as everyone know are part of the top triple tree. Don't want to change the triple tres right now ($$$). I read that we can lower the forks about 5 millimeters. Is this safe? This little easy to do project is becoming a nightmare and cutting into my riding time..new bars are 1.25 inches, not sure this would make a difference or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:54 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Support your bike frame with a stand and take the weight off the front wheel, doesn't have to be off the ground, just close to it. Loosen the pinch bolts and press the fork leg down until the cap is the only thing exposed above the tree and frighten the pinch bolts back down.

I have a top tree for the Mid-Glide front end that can use regular risers that I am no longer using, I painted it black but it would need either powder or re-chromed for a professional appearance. Also the bottom tree, same deal.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:51 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 969 Likes on 732 Posts

They make risers for your tree:
http://lonerindustries.com/street-bob.html

Old 05-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nevil
They make risers for your tree:
http://lonerindustries.com/street-bob.html
I didn't know they had these. I lowered my forks in the trees when I put on my Wild1 chubby 14's. All has been good since.