Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hole in carb WTF!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 09:04 PM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Hole in carb WTF!

Well I discovered my fuel leaking problem after working courage up to tear into it. After completely removing hypercharger I saw a freakin hole in side of the carb about the size of a .22 caliber bullet. Come to find out the yum yum who installed the thing screwed the bolt in so far that the bolt threaded into the carb and went all the way to the float bowl! I am in shock and awe that someone would be ignorant enough to do such a thing. I mean a monkey would have more sense than that. I always though guys who spent 16 grand on a new harley would take a little more care and perfection when installing such a thing. Oh well my neighbor has a good CV carb in his garage he is going to give me. But man what a shadetree billy bob mechanic job that was

I guess while the subject is up.....anyone got any previous owner mechanical work horror stories lol

A neighbor of mine had a lawn mower that wouldn't run right. Took it to me and said fuel treatment didn't help. I asked what brand he used but he didn't want to say. Finally he said his cousin told him to **** in the gas tank and it would help clean to out. Guy was dumb enough to fall for cousins joke and actually did it. I couldn't work on ot untill next day because I couldn't stop laughing

Last edited by JohnnyRebKY; 05-18-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:57 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Well... There's no way he didn't hear or feel that!

I have quite a few horror stories most of the bad ones happened @ HD. By far the worse being when I brought it in for service on the starter clutch (bendix). Guy installs it,must have been quitting time, forgets to tighten the brass bolt on top of the starter. Spark spark spark, burns out the starter and the stator. Which then blew out the VR and battery. They put the same douche bag on the replacement of parts he forgets to plug it in overnite, man there were 8 mechanics outside trying to start it. Two years later, this past week-end, 4 years out of warranty, they remember the catastrophe and change out the VR and battery again. At least they fixed it under HD's dime!

Last edited by maddghost; 05-19-2014 at 04:10 AM. Reason: content
Old 05-19-2014, 01:29 PM
socialoutcast
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
Well... There's no way he didn't hear or feel that!

I have quite a few horror stories most of the bad ones happened @ HD. By far the worse being when I brought it in for service on the starter clutch (bendix). Guy installs it,must have been quitting time, forgets to tighten the brass bolt on top of the starter. Spark spark spark, burns out the starter and the stator. Which then blew out the VR and battery. They put the same douche bag on the replacement of parts he forgets to plug it in overnite, man there were 8 mechanics outside trying to start it. Two years later, this past week-end, 4 years out of warranty, they remember the catastrophe and change out the VR and battery again. At least they fixed it under HD's dime!
Mines not the worst of the worst but got "my" 1st HD on my 28th Bday. 06 Deuce. Got it home and started on my mods. Went right to stage one with it and as I was removing the AC I feel the entire thing shift. I was concerned that I had just broke something but when I got the filter off I was in shock. The back plate was being held on with ONE stud and bolt. The 2 others where sheered off. I was luckily able to get them with vice grips and slowly remove them and the threads were not damaged but JESUS. How do you snap AC studs and just say ahh screw it 1 of 3 will do.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:43 PM
KEYBEAR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a 1969 Chevy short bed Truck and put a 396 big block in it . It ran well with a 650 holly carb until the inner pump gave out . I took it to a guy that had a small shop close to his home . He called the next day all done and ready to go . I get to his shop and the truck is setting outside so I pop the hood and first thing I see is he had changed the carb to an original AFB and WAS going to charge me labor and yes just keep the old junk Holly 650 ( that was about new).