Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arnott air shocks

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 06:17 PM
Mental98
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arnott air shocks

Looking to upgrade my shocks from the 412's and my question is .. Is there a considerable difference between the bilstein and the aldan shocks?? Anyone have any knowledge on this? For the price difference i am not sure on which to choose .. 412's are killin my back after a year on them!! Cheers

Old 05-21-2014, 12:37 PM
ArnottDoug
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mental98
Looking to upgrade my shocks from the 412's and my question is .. Is there a considerable difference between the bilstein and the aldan shocks?? Anyone have any knowledge on this? For the price difference i am not sure on which to choose .. 412's are killin my back after a year on them!! Cheers
Arnott Air Suspension offers two different options. If you just want to adjust the height up and down the Bilstein Kits are easy to install, start at under $1,000, and provide almost 3" of travel while providing a ride that is comparable with your stock suspension.

For added comfort Arnott offers the Aldan kit which also provides nearly 3" of travel but also has a 11-way adjustable **** on each shock giving you control of the internal shock's damping (compression & rebound).

Both kits are available in 12" or 13" and in Black or Chrome and come with a 5-Year Limited Warranty and 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Detailed installation instructions are included with all kits and installation videos are available for several models.

Here is a 31 sec video (commercial) which shows a V-Rod with Arnott's Aldans installed in front of our Merritt Island, FL facility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDgt...ature=youtu.be

http://www.arnottairsuspension.com/

Old 05-22-2014, 06:49 AM
Mental98
6th Gear

Thanks for the info ..,was curious to know how the two compare! Can't believe no one has these and could offer an opinion on them over stock or say progressives.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:33 AM
swanny2369
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im running the bilsteins and couldn't be happier.

I have never seen or road the Aldan set up, so I cannot speak for those but I seriously doubt either way you will find many bad things said about either set up. When I was looking to buy, having the rebound dampening was never high enough on my list. Iv had a lot of experience with Bagged S10 pick ups and other air ride vehicles in the past so I know how bags work and how they should ride.

It took a little while to find "the sweet spot" on my bike after installing them, but now even without an air gauge I know exactly where I need to set the shocks for a solo ride as well as two up when my wifes on the back.

Its pretty simple really.
Too much air --> bike is going to ride like crap..
Too little air --> bike is going to ride like crap..

I would imagine that even with rebound dampening it would be the same, just twice the adjustments to find that sweet spot.

I really fell in love with my bike all over again after riding two up however. Getting that extra weight over the back end really puts the shocks to good use. The ride over stock is unbelievable. (not that it isn't even solo riding) very plush. very smooth, no bottoming out, I no longer frown upon the roads that used to beat me up on the stock suspension, I welcome them. All around very happy customer.

Last edited by swanny2369; 05-22-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:12 AM
jpace024
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the Aldan shocks before switching to Works Trackers. They were on the bike when I bought it so I cant compare them to the stock shocks, but they had a great ride when adjusted properly, which you could do while riding with a toggle switch. I had the 11.6" version which went down to 9.6" when the air was dumped. I will be putting them in the classifieds shortly if your interested.

Old 05-29-2014, 06:30 AM
Mental98
6th Gear

Thanks for the write up swanny.. I might just do that jpace