Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&h fp3 w/ stock pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 12:04 AM
Evlunknwn
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&h fp3 w/ stock pipes?

So I just ordered the vance and hines FP3. (got it for $33X.XX).

I have a 2014 FXDB with screaming eagle forward facing air filter. I bought the unit because i am planning on adding big radius pipes and I didn't get the download when installed my air filter.

I want the unit to help my FXDB to run better with the current air filter and stock pipes while i save up for the BR pipes. I hope there is a map for High Flow air filter w/ stock pipes...anyone know if the FP3 has this map available? or will i have to get the pipes sooner?!

anyone with the FP3 or experience with one please chime in.

Thanks

Old 05-21-2014, 12:43 AM
cameron.m
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Evlunknwn
So I just ordered the vance and hines FP3. (got it for $33X.XX).

I have a 2014 FXDB with screaming eagle forward facing air filter. I bought the unit because i am planning on adding big radius pipes and I didn't get the download when installed my air filter.

I want the unit to help my FXDB to run better with the current air filter and stock pipes while i save up for the BR pipes. I hope there is a map for High Flow air filter w/ stock pipes...anyone know if the FP3 has this map available? or will i have to get the pipes sooner?!

anyone with the FP3 or experience with one please chime in.

Thanks
I didn't see any map for just a hi flo air filter .. they way I see it is they assume thats in place and they just ask you what exhaust you have and what if any baffles you are running ... I may be wrong but thats how I understood it

you can download the app from apple store or google play to have a go

By the way .. i have one and it is great!

Old 05-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Dan28
Road Master
Received 209 Likes on 153 Posts

I just put a set of BR and a big sucker air filter on my wide glide last night. I used the FP3 to map it. I did not see an option for stock pipes. I don't know if you could load the stock map w/ the auto tune feature, maybe?

Old 05-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Kazz
Advanced

No stock option on pipes or A/C. All maps are pre set to high flow A/C.

Go with the V&H 3" slip on pipe option and load that map. Run through a tank of gas . Then choose auto tune . It will ask you to pick a map. Pick the map you have been running and flash it to auto tune.

The bike will run rough when you first start it so don't freek out. Once you get going it will smooth out.

Run the auto tune for about a tank or so ( checking the cells to see where you are at). If most of it is green you can flash the map to the ECM and your good to go.

Make sure you have the latest app update and ferm wear. It should automatically update when you pull up the fuelpak app and turn on the bike. Make sure your battery is charged because it can take a few minutes to update.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:30 PM
Jaystn62
Stellar HDF Member

Received 213 Likes on 155 Posts

I love the FP3 so far other than my mistakes with it. Stock pipes I honestly can't say. Pick an option with stock or standard baffles. Should work ok.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:16 PM
rdss
Road Captain

The slip ons with quite baffles might be closer to stock, but like Dan28 said, load a stock tune and auto tune it. When I asked V&H support about running just slip ons with no breather upgrade they said just run auto tune on the slip on tune and it should be fine. I just installed the SE round intake so my auto tuning will start now.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:48 AM
Kazz
Advanced

Originally Posted by rdss
The slip ons with quite baffles might be closer to stock, but like Dan28 said, load a stock tune and auto tune it. When I asked V&H support about running just slip ons with no breather upgrade they said just run auto tune on the slip on tune and it should be fine. I just installed the SE round intake so my auto tuning will start now.
I'm not sure you can auto tune the stock map. Could be wrong but I think the stock tune is read only. It can't be adjusted ( only re flashed to bring it back to stock tune).

Also he has a pretty high flowing A/C on it. I think he would be closer starting with the V&H 3" slipon map with quiet baffles.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:32 AM
rdss
Road Captain

I was able to copy the stock map into slot 2 and it gave me ability to view and modify it in the demo mode, I'm sure the same can be done with the phone connected to the FP3 allowing auto tune to be used. You're probably right about the slip on working better with his pretty hight flow intake.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Evlunknwn
6th Gear

Thanks for the info Everyone...and the detailed process KAZZ! V&H also said to use slip ons as base map. FP3 arrives today. Can't wait to try it!