Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 07:39 PM
98acrsilver
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think mine was only 14,200 OTD 14.5 year leftover price you guys are paying too much!

how loud is that RB racing pipe!?

Old 04-26-2015, 10:39 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,122 Likes on 3,790 Posts

My LR arrives this week. Hoping the call comes earlier in the week as opposed to later.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:43 AM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Turn Signal Switches

Not sure if it's just me, but I was finding the right switch a real problem to operate after riding a couple of hours. I am vertically challenged at 5'8" but didn't think my hands were that small as I never had this problem on other bikes, including my old Sportster Iron.

If anyone else is struggling then I can recommend the HD Turn Signal Extender Kit #71500177. Fitted it this morning and it took about 20 minutes - longest part of the job was getting the stock switch caps removed. Don't bother taking the controls apart as suggested by the manual, just 2 x T25 screws per switch housing, a small jeweller screwdriver to price the top hole loose and then a bit of jiggling around and the cap is off. To fit the new cap fit the lower hole first and then press the top so it clips into place.

Now there is no more semi-dislocating my right thumb to stretch to reach as it falls neatly beneath my thumb; a happy rider.

By the way. Dealer suggested 1 hour labour. The guy on service said to me it's a 20 minute job in reality and just go easy when prising off the cap. Nice not to be robbed and also find out it was less complex than the manual suggested

Also, I think this switch would be the sensible original fit as opposed to making more money out of the customer.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:44 AM
NealE
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ikelove
My LR arrives this week. Hoping the call comes earlier in the week as opposed to later.
Hope your cameras is fully charged

Old 04-27-2015, 10:52 AM
Peej
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 98acrsilver
i think mine was only 14,200 OTD 14.5 year leftover price you guys are paying too much!
What was your starting price? Sales tax?

Old 04-27-2015, 11:12 AM
98acrsilver
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not too sure its goin on last year allready without digging out the papers, but guess it depends on options too, they took off freight an setup, plug i got cast wheels, and no abs or security

Old 04-27-2015, 11:26 AM
pab3rd
Club Member

Received 213 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by NealE
Not sure if it's just me, but I was finding the right switch a real problem to operate after riding a couple of hours. I am vertically challenged at 5'8" but didn't think my hands were that small as I never had this problem on other bikes, including my old Sportster Iron.

If anyone else is struggling then I can recommend the HD Turn Signal Extender Kit #71500177. Fitted it this morning and it took about 20 minutes - longest part of the job was getting the stock switch caps removed. Don't bother taking the controls apart as suggested by the manual, just 2 x T25 screws per switch housing, a small jeweller screwdriver to price the top hole loose and then a bit of jiggling around and the cap is off. To fit the new cap fit the lower hole first and then press the top so it clips into place.

Now there is no more semi-dislocating my right thumb to stretch to reach as it falls neatly beneath my thumb; a happy rider.

By the way. Dealer suggested 1 hour labour. The guy on service said to me it's a 20 minute job in reality and just go easy when prising off the cap. Nice not to be robbed and also find out it was less complex than the manual suggested

Also, I think this switch would be the sensible original fit as opposed to making more money out of the customer.
I went with the stick on extender.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:08 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by NealE
Hope your cameras is fully charged

It is. The LR is the first bike that I have bought that I had to actually wait for. All my other bikes were at the dealer and I was riding home the same day.

I got all my parts (V&H Big Shots w/ Quite Baffles, DK Customs 587 AC w/ Breather Bolts, Dynojet PV2 package from Fuel Moto, Bung King brackets, HD fairing clamps, and Empire Titan 5 cover) except the HD 1/4 fairing.

I am ready to go.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:18 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

The only thing I have not ordered so far is a Super Brace fork brace. Who is using one?

I have done some reading and it seems to be a worthwhile product but I do not recall many LR owners stating that they have one.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:23 PM
NealE
Cruiser

Originally Posted by pab3rd
I went with the stick on extender.
So it's not just me. Couldn't find any stick on extenders in the UK.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider