Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 12:32 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,150 Likes on 3,797 Posts

Originally Posted by phil-lip
IkeLove - I'm not sure that the Superbrace is something I would go for at the moment to improve road handling - what's your thoughts? My priority would be on the rear shocks either the HD premium Emulsion, Progressive 444 or Ricor's to improve the ride. Only thing is I've read some instances where folk have gone this route only to revert back to stock." Phil.

My stock rear shocks and forks work fine for me. Others have noted that the stock shocks and forks do not work so well for those over 200 pounds or who are riding two up. I am under 200 pounds and do not ride 2 up. There are some ugly stretches of road in my area. So far, my stock suspension works fine. Before I got the bike, I was considering getting some Progressive rear shocks but held off until I was able to put some miles on the bike. Do not plan to change stock shocks or forks at this time.

Many other LR owners have the Superbrace. If you go back 10-12 pages or so, I had asked about the subject. My research indicates it is money well spent.

Old 05-29-2015, 02:52 PM
Dyna_Dave
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
My stock rear shocks and forks work fine for me. Others have noted that the stock shocks and forks do not work so well for those over 200 pounds or who are riding two up. I am under 200 pounds and do not ride 2 up. There are some ugly stretches of road in my area. So far, my stock suspension works fine. Before I got the bike, I was considering getting some Progressive rear shocks but held off until I was able to put some miles on the bike. Do not plan to change stock shocks or forks at this time.

Many other LR owners have the Superbrace. If you go back 10-12 pages or so, I had asked about the subject. My research indicates it is money well spent.
FWIW I bought weight-matched 13" Hagon 2810's (with adjustable dampening), and just put SE heavy fork oil in the front. I weigh 180 lbs and it's absolutely perfect for me. I will say the stock suspension was good, but this is definitely an improvement.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:27 PM
2>4
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShawnC213
Phil,

Nice looking bike. What part number(s) are you ordering for your highway pegs?

My bike has been at the dealership for the last week. Keeps dying while riding. They've got their Master Tech working on it but he hasn't been able to fix it yet. Getting a bit frustrated with not being able to ride. We've had 70-80 degree whether the entire time. I get jealous every time I see someone on their bike. Can't wait to get mine back.

Love this thread. Ride safe fellas.

My bike did that once immediately after I had the ignition switch recall done last year. So far no more problems. Keep us posted on what the problem is.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:32 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,096 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Mine did the same thing only once after the recall was done...it's been fine since.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:43 PM
ShawnC213
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got a call from them just a bit ago. Turns out the bolt for the ground wire was a bit too long so even though it was tight there was just enough play to let the wire lose connection thus causing the bike to die. They replaced the bolt and say it's running great. Going to pick it up after work. Apparently it took them trying several different things before they found the cause. Such a simple thing. Glad it's fixed though.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:48 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,096 Likes on 1,635 Posts

That's good news they found the fix...have a good weekend and enjoy your ride.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:40 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ShawnC213
Got a call from them just a bit ago. Turns out the bolt for the ground wire was a bit too long so even though it was tight there was just enough play to let the wire lose connection thus causing the bike to die. They replaced the bolt and say it's running great. Going to pick it up after work. Apparently it took them trying several different things before they found the cause. Such a simple thing. Glad it's fixed though.
Glad to hear it was a simple fix. How many miles you got on it?

Old 05-30-2015, 01:05 AM
turdburgler
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rad

One Hard Lowrider

Old 05-30-2015, 09:36 AM
Iron obsessed
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2015 fxdl

Amber whiskey, waiting at O'Tools's h-d in wurtsboro ny, looking at it now, so nice...

Old 05-30-2015, 10:02 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by turdburgler

One Hard Lowrider
What is the story behind this very nice looking bike?

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider