Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 04:51 PM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Accessories

Originally Posted by Iceman103
Yep Only got it last Friday. 100% stock at the moment, but I've got some accessories on order and waiting for delivery, plus looking into exhaust options.
Hi Iceman,

Good to see another Low Rider owner in the UK. Intrigued to know what accessories you have gone for - I went for the smoked rear light, smoked indicators, LED Oil gauge and chrome layback number plate holder. The latter of course means a much smaller plate (7" x 4" is best) but on the whole looks so much cleaner. I also have a Mustang Vintage Wide Solo, bib and pillion seat on order and due with me Friday.

800 miles in a loving mine - got to get the 1000 done before the Isle of Man at the end of August

Old 07-23-2014, 07:05 PM
pab3rd
Club Member

Received 213 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by pab3rd
Been here two hours. Now they tell me they had to pull the tank and wiring under the tank. And need a special tool to remove the ignition. Which they say they don't have. So waiting to get ride home. While they figure out how to fix the recall. So when you take yours in. Make sure they read the instructions. Have the special tool.
Only took 3 hours. According to service bulletin is was to be .4 hrs. But dealer said took longer cuz moco didn't send tool with parts. At least it is done.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:47 PM
DelRider
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by pab3rd
Been here two hours. Now they tell me they had to pull the tank and wiring under the tank. And need a special tool to remove the ignition. Which they say they don't have. So waiting to get ride home. While they figure out how to fix the recall. So when you take yours in. Make sure they read the instructions. Have the special tool.
Yikes! Thanks for the head's up on that!

Old 07-23-2014, 07:57 PM
2>4
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like the recall is more involved than I thought. I was hoping they didn't have to pull the tank. I have had a tank on another bike scratched at the dealer during another repair. I don't trust that they are that careful.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:58 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 635 Likes on 326 Posts

The Lowrider really isnt that low anymore compaired to some of the other Harley out that have 24" seat height like the Fatboy Lo and Slim.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:31 PM
DelRider
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakk13
The Lowrider really isnt that low anymore compaired to some of the other Harley out that have 24" seat height like the Fatboy Lo and Slim.
Heh, even in the Dyna class it is the same unladen seat height as the Street Bob and Wide Glide as well as, I would say, in the laden height (nobody will notice a tenth of an inch). They don't have the seat and handle bar adjustments tho. So?

Old 07-23-2014, 09:10 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakk13
and the fat boy is not really that fat

Old 07-24-2014, 07:47 AM
Iceman103
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NealE
Hi Iceman,

Good to see another Low Rider owner in the UK. Intrigued to know what accessories you have gone for - I went for the smoked rear light, smoked indicators, LED Oil gauge and chrome layback number plate holder. The latter of course means a much smaller plate (7" x 4" is best) but on the whole looks so much cleaner. I also have a Mustang Vintage Wide Solo, bib and pillion seat on order and due with me Friday.

800 miles in a loving mine - got to get the 1000 done before the Isle of Man at the end of August
The dealer said that this model is very popular, but I haven't seen another one on the road yet.
I went for SE Heavy Breather intake, Dark Custom derby cover, one piece sissy bar + pad and black flush mount fuel cap and gauge. Yesterday I also ordered Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered in black and Fuelpak 3. Can't wait to have it all delivered
I definitely need a smaller number plate, as standard looks ridiculous.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:54 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

I've said before that a lot of the new Dynas and even Softails have left me behind style wise and I just can't seem to get into them, but the new Low Rider is right on the mark for me. To me it still has that traditional HD look, I think it is by far the best looking bike made this year.

But then again that is just one man's opinion.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,147 Likes on 3,797 Posts

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
I think it is by far the best looking bike made this year. But then again that is just one man's opinion.
You are a wise man with good tastes. Agreed. HD hit a real homerun in the styling department with this bike.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider