Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 01:46 AM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Anyone else FXDL think the high beam switch is too sensitive and easily switches back to low beam with the slightest touch?

Also why do these new bikes shut the headlight off in the ACC ignition position? Not good for parking with engine off at night.

Old 08-28-2015, 03:34 AM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Super08
Riding weather has been perfect here, mid 70's. I have to take my wife and go visit family 700 miles away this weekend and she won't ride on the bike. We will be back Sunday and she works Monday so I will have all day to go for a cruise.
You guys have been lucky as the riding weather in the UK, at least where I live, hasn't been the best. After the issues caused by water when I was in Ireland last month I have decided my LR is best in the garage whilst we have a bit of rain. As you can see from the "grab" below from my dash-cam the roads are a bit wet! This was Wednesday 26 August 2015 at 14:00hrs.

Last edited by NealE; 08-28-2015 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Typo correction
Old 08-28-2015, 05:40 AM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Going to have to buy yourself a dirt bike.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:34 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,123 Likes on 3,790 Posts

Originally Posted by Lama
Anyone else FXDL think the high beam switch is too sensitive and easily switches back to low beam with the slightest touch?
I have not actually used my high beam yet. Have not ridden at night.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:37 AM
dh4kim
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by baybueller
A heads up.. Owners book says primary oil only in case. Dealer says they run syn. in all holes.
I put syn in the primary and noticed ugly noises from compensator at low rpm loading and shut down. Replaced oil with primary lube and all is back to normal.
New FXDL owner here.
I love my 2014.5 FXDL but hate the clunk into 1st and 2nd gear, so I did internet search and changed oils from 3 holes to RedLine oils for specific holes. I think the RedLine primary oil is thinner than stock, so it helps separating clutch disks quicker, but still downshifting into 2nd makes loud clunk. I really hate this, but the dealer says it's normal. This is my first Harley.

Also, I hear some knocking noise when cold coming from the primary case after changing to RedLine. Is this a possibility that thinner primary oil causing some knocking noise when cold? It goes away in the first 1-2 miles. Since the improvement in clunk is minimal, I would rather get rid of this cold knocking. Which primary oil do I have to use?

Thanks and May the car drivers be away with you all the time.

Dan from MD

Old 08-28-2015, 12:33 PM
98acrsilver
Cruiser

dh4kim harleys are some of the loudest engines out there. some of it is that they are an old design with pushrods and what not, some of that other noise is the automatic primay chain tensioner. i too run redline best stuff on the market! followd by amsoil.

Old 08-28-2015, 05:02 PM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Super08
Going to have to buy yourself a dirt bike.
Was thinking a hovercraft may be more fun

Old 08-28-2015, 05:17 PM
kontiki
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,279 Likes on 1,155 Posts

Originally Posted by 98acrsilver
dh4kim harleys are some of the loudest engines out there. some of it is that they are an old design with pushrods and what not, some of that other noise is the automatic primay chain tensioner. i too run redline best stuff on the market! followd by amsoil.
You have to love "old school" to even own a Harley Davidson. If not, go buy a new ninja super-crotch rocket - it will be smoother but won't have the charisma or the pick-up-chickability of a Harley.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:35 PM
98acrsilver
Cruiser

yea i know i rode my buddys rocket and it was fast but too quiet and smooth didnt even know it was running

Old 08-28-2015, 09:14 PM
dh4kim
Stage III

Originally Posted by kontiki
You have to love "old school" to even own a Harley Davidson. If not, go buy a new ninja super-crotch rocket - it will be smoother but won't have the charisma or the pick-up-chickability of a Harley.
I don't like Japanese bikes and cars. Don't ask me why, I just don't like them. I will walk if all left for me is a Japanese bike. Charisma enuf?

Anyway, not all the Harley's have shifting clunk. I want to achieve that.

How?

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider