Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 08:58 PM
16FXDLI
Tourer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Got some seat time on the 2016 today.

Last edited by 16FXDLI; 11-27-2015 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:30 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,095 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Originally Posted by 06FXDLI
Got some seat time on the 2016 today.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:54 PM
Grady Killson
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T bars install

Hello
I got my 16' Lowrider 2 weeks ago and I already have 600 miles on it. Really enjoy mobbin throughout the hood.
I have a few questions about a tbar install. I am going to install 12 mxr bars next month. I know the cableling will need to be extended/replaced to handle the added height to the bar. I will most likely have a local indie do all the work, but I want to have a better understanding of what needs to be done.
When replacing the cables, are the cables literately extended by altering them or are they completed replaced with new OEM cables? This is something Moco sells?

I know I have to replace the headlamp housing with a bottom mount housing.

Does the top triple tree clamp have to be replaced? The parts guy at the stealership said he thinks it does? Look the same to me,but not completely sure.

Any good indies in Norcal you recommend?

Appreciate anyone's time \m/

Last edited by Grady Killson; 11-27-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:13 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,150 Likes on 3,797 Posts

Originally Posted by Grady Killson
Hello
I got my 16' Lowrider 2 weeks ago and I already have 600 miles on it. Really enjoy mobbin throughout the hood.
I have a few questions about a tbar install. I am going to install 12 mxr bars next month. I know the cableling will need to be extended/replaced to handle the added height to the bar. I will most likely have a local indie do all the work, but I want to have a better understanding of what needs to be done.
When replacing the cables, are the cables literately extended by altering them or are they completed replaced with new OEM cables? This is something Moco sells?

I know I have to replace the headlamp housing with a bottom mount housing.

Does the top triple tree clamp have to be replaced? The parts guy at the stealership said he thinks it does? Look the same to me,but not completely sure.

Any good indies in Norcal you recommend?

Appreciate anyone's time \m/
Good to hear from you Grady. Is this your first HD? Post some pics when you get a chance.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:49 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Was finally able to get out and ride for the first time in 8 days. Will also be able to do some riding Sun. Looks like I should close the year out with 6000 miles. Also looks like the weather will be good for riding into at least next Sat.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:22 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Was able to get out for another short ride today. I am going to get as much riding in as I can over the next two weeks. Got everything ready to go when it is time to winterize.

What is everyone doing in terms of wintering? Who is doing it themselves vs. dropping the bike off at their dealer?

Old 11-29-2015, 07:02 PM
Peej
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Up-date

Hey guys,

Closing in on 5,000 miles. I just added the Willie G skull Derby and Timing cover and pulled the handlebars closer and higher. It's amazing how much you can adjust these and the bike feels so much better in this position. Now I am contemplating the forwards because the mids are not doing it for me anymore. Anyone do this mod? Or do I just go with some pegs up front?

Finally, I have ridden a few other HDs including the Road Glide, Street Glide and the Road King. By far I preferred the RK, then the RG and finally the SG. But not enough to trade the Dyna. Honestly I love how the Dyna handles and its so much fun to ride.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:11 PM
16FXDLI
Tourer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Peej
Hey guys,

Closing in on 5,000 miles. I just added the Willie G skull Derby and Timing cover and pulled the handlebars closer and higher. It's amazing how much you can adjust these and the bike feels so much better in this position. Now I am contemplating the forwards because the mids are not doing it for me anymore. Anyone do this mod? Or do I just go with some pegs up front?

Finally, I have ridden a few other HDs including the Road Glide, Street Glide and the Road King. By far I preferred the RK, then the RG and finally the SG. But not enough to trade the Dyna. Honestly I love how the Dyna handles and its so much fun to ride.
On my 06, i kept the mids but i always rode with my feet on the highway pegs. I shifted and braked with my heels. It works but its not the best.

On the 16, i bit the bullet and had it delivered with forward controls. It was well worth the money. Id say do it, and dont look back.

Old 11-29-2015, 11:05 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Peej
Hey guys,

Good to hear from you. I see you are in FL. Wish I was somewhere you could ride year round.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:27 PM
Peej
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Yep, was out tonight as well and rode my friend's Street Bob with the forward controls. It looks like we have a winner! So anyone do the conversion? I see that the Kuryakyn kit does not fit the FXDL with the stock exhaust. Really? It has a cool little fitment that secures the primary shaft and a cover for the spline end. The HD kit calls for the primary removal or cutting of the shaft and plugging the hole. I like the K philosophy to keep the shaft intact for changes of mind and resell options.

Also I have the VH slip-on with the stock headers. Anyone pull the cats out? Experience? Sound? Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider