Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 08:39 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,526 Likes on 3,025 Posts

Originally Posted by hahmmo
Got mine finished finally! Southeast custom arleness midglide kit, biltwell murdock riser, sporty bar, daymaker headlights! The position is awesome!

That is a friggin' sweetheart! What fairing is that?

Old 05-01-2016, 08:59 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by harlot
any need to change lines on this bar height
You can go up to 10 inches risers with stock cables. Anything higher will need at least the top part of the brake line. The next cable that might come into play would be the clutch cable.

I'm installing 12 inch Death Squad T-bars on my LR. I'm hoping all I need is the top brake line. There is a good bit of adjustability left with the clutch cable, so I will try it and see if it stock works.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:46 AM
hahmmo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
That is a friggin' sweetheart! What fairing is that?
Its arleness fairing, got it from southeast custom which comes with mounting kit..it sits higher than other mounting method i ve seen

Old 05-01-2016, 09:49 AM
hahmmo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
You can go up to 10 inches risers with stock cables. Anything higher will need at least the top part of the brake line. The next cable that might come into play would be the clutch cable.

I'm installing 12 inch Death Squad T-bars on my LR. I'm hoping all I need is the top brake line. There is a good bit of adjustability left with the clutch cable, so I will try it and see if it stock works.
I got 8 inch rise + 3.5 bar height (28.5 width), and I agree you may be able to use stock cables somewhat in retrospect.. But the clutch cable is very stiff and doesnt bend well.. If stretched too much it may give an odd angle.. or strain where it bends before going into the lever..anyhow good luck!

Old 05-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,147 Likes on 3,797 Posts

Got mine finished finally! Southeast custom arleness midglide kit, biltwell murdock riser, sporty bar, daymaker headlights! The position is awesome!

You going to get a Super Brace fork brace? What is next?

Old 05-01-2016, 06:29 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,526 Likes on 3,025 Posts

Its arleness fairing, got it from southeast custom which comes with mounting kit..it sits higher than other mounting method i ve seen
I am liking the hell out of it, from here!

Old 05-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,147 Likes on 3,797 Posts

HDConvert511, you got a real nice LR S. When did you get it? Tell us a little about your sweet LR S.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:40 PM
matt85
Advanced
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Here are some crappy cell phone pictures of mine. Things I've done: Supertrapp exhaust, Fuel Moto air cleaner with S&S cover, tuned with Power Vision tuner, West Coast chrome 10" MX-TBars, Performance Machine contour grips, HD highway pegs, Moons MC moonmaker headlight, Custom Dynamics black Bullet Ringz LED front turn signals/running lights with amber/white LEDs and smoked lense, Custom Dynamics LED integrated tail light with smoked lense, DK Customs low mount headlight relocation kit, HD quarter fairing with Bung King bracket and 3 HD quick releases and 1 HD locking quick release, HD framed layback license plate mount, HD thumb screw for seat mount, and Leather Pros T-Sport bags. I think that's about it. I want to get Ohlins suspension front and rear next, waiting on the new Ohlins cartridge fork suspension to be available in the US. After that maybe a paint job and a Fuel Moto 107 kit.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:09 AM
frankf
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear braks

Originally Posted by Twospot
Need some quick help. My rear brake seems awfully mushy, and useless unless I really mash on it. I did not take the caliper off to remove pads, but what I can see the pads look ok. I opened the rear master cylinder to check the fluid, but there doesn't seem to be any fill line that I can see. What should I look for to make sure I have enough fluid?

I've got the same issue. There is something not right with the rear brake. Should not have to push so far down to get brake action. I have a 2014 with 3k miles. My Road Glide rear brake is way different. Can stop the bike with it alone, but the LR will not.

I have a sloped gravel driveway and use the rear to brake before hitting the garage, so its important for me.

Have had it to the dealer once already. Am going to bring it to them again and make it a warrante issue.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:16 AM
frankf
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Twospot
I will have mine 1 year on June 7th. Just over 8k miles on it. No intention of getting an LR S. I have no intentions of getting rid of my LR anytime soon. My goal has always been to end up on a Road Glide. SO I will keep this for a while and when I am ready in 4 or have years to move up I'll test ride some bigger bikes. I may end up being perfectly happy with a Dyna and at that time maybe upgrade to a newer one. Or still be perfectly happy with my current LR.
I've got a 09 Road Glide along with my 12 Low Rider. They are different animals. I enjoy riding the Low Rider way more. Less weight is nice. The only place the RG excels is on the open road, with the cruise control set and big miles to go.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider