Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 05:44 PM
HRCH
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SBRob
Congrats and enjoy your new ride...
Thank you!

Old 08-31-2014, 08:43 PM
knightenforcer
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HRCH

Oh, btw. I saw some pics here of the Low Rider with the V&H Big Radius pipes. I didn't see those pipes listed on V&H website so, whoever has it one their Low Rider, would you please let me know what the part number is. Did you have to do any mods to make it work? Did the oxygen sensors mount on without an adapter? Let me know, thanks.

Jason
It's V&H PART# 26061 for 2012 dynas.
I took a chance when I ordered it online @JPcycles
JP cycles Part# is 513-807
(btw, if you put in 2013 dyna lowrider FXDL, it shows that part number, lol
maybe they just need to update their website to show 2014 low rider)
The stock 02 sensors fit, I had no problems with the stock passenger pegs and oil dipstick location. The rear brake pedal is a bit close but I still have 1/8" space between exhaust and the pedal. I'm happy with the big radius, I had it on my previous bike also.
Congrats and good luck with the exhaust.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:12 PM
HRCH
Cruiser

Originally Posted by knightenforcer
It's V&H PART# 26061 for 2012 dynas.
I took a chance when I ordered it online @JPcycles
JP cycles Part# is 513-807
(btw, if you put in 2013 dyna lowrider FXDL, it shows that part number, lol
maybe they just need to update their website to show 2014 low rider)
The stock 02 sensors fit, I had no problems with the stock passenger pegs and oil dipstick location. The rear brake pedal is a bit close but I still have 1/8" space between exhaust and the pedal. I'm happy with the big radius, I had it on my previous bike also.
Congrats and good luck with the exhaust.
Thank you for the info, I really appreciate it.

Jason

Old 08-31-2014, 10:21 PM
Tapman
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been riding for 32 years, I've been on every style of bike from cruisers to touring and sport bikes. I'm currently on my 3 harley. This one is a breakout. I love it but I'm going to get a street glide next. I often think of getting a sport bike again but I'm still a bit to wreck less lol

Old 09-01-2014, 07:41 AM
HRCH
Cruiser

Nightenforcer, what back rest setup do you have on your low rider?. I've been thinking about getting the HD short rail sissy bar and back rest. I had a medium medallion on my Dyna a Wide Glide, but my wife didn't like it because she felt it was too tall.

Thanks,

Jason

Old 09-01-2014, 11:31 AM
knightenforcer
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HRCH
Nightenforcer, what back rest setup do you have on your low rider?. I've been thinking about getting the HD short rail sissy bar and back rest. I had a medium medallion on my Dyna a Wide Glide, but my wife didn't like it because she felt it was too tall.

Thanks,

Jason
It's the HD rigid side plates with the short sissy bar. The mini pad I got off ebay.
My wife and kids like it. It gives them enough back support, so no complaints so far

-

Last edited by knightenforcer; 09-01-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: pic added
Old 09-01-2014, 11:51 AM
HRCH
Cruiser

Nightenforcer, thank you for the post, and thank you very much for posting those pics. Yup, that's the one we are getting, I just wasn't sure how short it was. At first I was concerned that it might be too short once we got the Lepera Maverick seat, but appears all will be well. We really haven't rode the Low rider. I have to get that seat swapped out along with adding the back rest first. My wife could only take an hour of riding the Low Rider. So, I've been riding my Breakout, and she has been riding her Sportster.

Jason

Old 09-01-2014, 12:12 PM
tonebone_79
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default If you prefer spokes over mags Read This!!

If any of you 2014 LR owners prefer spoked wheels over the mags I'm your guy I got a set of MINT 2013 Street Bob spoked wheels i'd be willing to trade you for your mags, and YES they're already drilled from HARLEY to run double disk brakes up front. PS- This is a long-term project i'm working on here so if you see this post tomorrow or 4 years from now dont be afraid to PM me

Old 09-01-2014, 01:06 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,085 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Hey toe...my mag wheels aren't for sale, I'm surprised the the spoke wheels are considered an upgrade and cost extra for the Low Rider.

How do you like the Bassani Road Rage Mega Power pipes? I'm still on the fence for an exhaust, but I think I narrowed it down to either the V&H Pro Pipe or the Bassani Road Rage Mega Power in chrome...any negatives with the pipe?

They both sound similar on youtube, but the Pro Pipe sounds a bit deeper in tone that I prefer...and the Bassani is gonna be lighter in weight, which I also prefer. Decisions, decisions.................

Oops...I just noticed you don't have the Mega Power pipes...your header pipes are different.

Last edited by SBRob; 09-01-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:45 PM
tonebone_79
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SBRob
Hey toe...my mag wheels aren't for sale, I'm surprised the the spoke wheels are considered an upgrade and cost extra for the Low Rider.

How do you like the Bassani Road Rage Mega Power pipes? I'm still on the fence for an exhaust, but I think I narrowed it down to either the V&H Pro Pipe or the Bassani Road Rage Mega Power in chrome...any negatives with the pipe?

They both sound similar on youtube, but the Pro Pipe sounds a bit deeper in tone that I prefer...and the Bassani is gonna be lighter in weight, which I also prefer. Decisions, decisions.................

Oops...I just noticed you don't have the Mega Power pipes...your header pipes are different.
I just prefer mags over spokes, just what I like...I don't know anything about the pro pipe or the bassani mega power but the on the bassani I do have I noticed that the coating on the back cylinder heat shield is getting jacked from the heat. But I also have the black heat shields so who knows maybe the chrome would hold up better.

Last edited by tonebone_79; 09-01-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider