Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Old 09-22-2014, 08:30 PM
bob1200r
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new lr w/spoiler

finished installing the chin spoiler tonight.gives it a different look.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:38 PM
pointcrossed
Advanced

Originally Posted by BobbyRay
I tried to bring my handlebars back on my 2014. Loosened the risers, then positioned bars in correct position, however blinkers wanted to touch tank Anyone else tried the adjustment?
One thing is fixing things that should be kept clean and simple. I hope someone from the factory is reading this.

The handlebar risers on the Low Rider are somewhat to completely useless and have little or no function but to annoy and frustrate me the owner. I tried to adjust it and was brought to the conclusion that it will have to go away, maybe back to the factory for recycling.

Removing the eyebrow, getting a headlight relocation kit to clean up that mess, new riser maybe handlebar and be done with that.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:09 AM
pab3rd
Club Member

Received 213 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by bob1200r

Looks nice, like the look.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:54 AM
junk yard
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Love it, but feel I got horrible gas mileage. The mags are a different look than harley mags in the past, but same old pitting and staining have started already. Only 780 miles.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:42 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,070 Likes on 1,632 Posts

Originally Posted by pointcrossed

One thing is fixing things that should be kept clean and simple. I hope someone from the factory is reading this.

The handlebar risers on the Low Rider are somewhat to completely useless and have little or no function but to annoy and frustrate me the owner. I tried to adjust it and was brought to the conclusion that it will have to go away, maybe back to the factory for recycling.

Removing the eyebrow, getting a headlight relocation kit to clean up that mess, new riser maybe handlebar and be done with that.

I actually like the handlebar design...it can be adjusted for both pullback and the bar position...after a few adjustments, I have the bars set up just right for me. I have no problems with the front turn signals...they are not even close to hitting the tank.

Hope you get yours sorted out to your satisfaction...so far, I'm really liking the new Low Rider. I've had mine for one month and have 960 miles on it...gonna hit the 1000 mile mark today and get the 1000 service done this week.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:48 AM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm in agreement. I adjusted mine to perfect position for me. For me it was a 2-step process. 1) rotate the riser back, 2) rotate the bars so ends are at original height (where the blinkers clear the tank).

Originally Posted by SBRob
I actually like the handlebar design...it can be adjusted for both pullback and the bar position...after a few adjustments, I have the bars set up just right for me. I have no problems with the front turn signals...they are not even close to hitting the tank.

Hope you get yours sorted out to your satisfaction...so far, I'm really liking the new Low Rider. I've had mine for one month and have 960 miles on it...gonna hit the 1000 mile mark today and get the 1000 service done this week.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,106 Likes on 3,787 Posts

Originally Posted by bob1200r

Love the look of the chin spoiler.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:46 PM
2>4
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone here spent much time on both standard mid controls and the further forward mids that come on the Low Rider? I'm just wondering how they compare.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:58 PM
pab3rd
Club Member

Received 213 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by 2>4
Has anyone here spent much time on both standard mid controls and the further forward mids that come on the Low Rider? I'm just wondering how they compare.
I went from standard mids, to forwards. But my reason was arthritic hips.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:30 PM
pointcrossed
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2>4
The mid controls I would say that are so far back they should be called rear controls are uncomfortable for me, cramped cruisin, one of the reasons I did not get a street bob. The forward mids are much more comfortable, however I just got reduced reach forward controls, I did not care for the index on the brake pedal, right foot shouldn't have to bend that way to get the brake going. I don't wear tall boots that cover my pants so when the mid/rear control footpegs snag and catch up my pants and folds the peg up = GRRR.

If you are over 5' 9" you might like the more forward controls, overall its a preference.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider