Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 10:10 PM
frontporchblues
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frontporchblues
This is what it looked liked... I purchased it from Revzilla and their site said it would fit... when I had the issue I called Bassani and they said to their knowledge I was the first to have it on the Low Rider, but said it would not fit... I called Revzilla, they researched it and said yes indeed it will not fit, ship it back... FWIW Revzilla Rocks! They took it back after it had been used no questions asked.

I see the difference now... yes indeed different pipe.

Last edited by frontporchblues; 10-23-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:30 PM
fxrnutt
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Yeah. ..that's the wrong pipe. The one the the rear cylinder goes around the cam cover is for the true mids. The forward mids on the FXDL have to run the rear cylinder behind. ...I'm guessing this all happened early in the 2014 FXDL release. ...no one knew

Originally Posted by frontporchblues
This is what it looked liked... I purchased it from Revzilla and their site said it would fit... when I had the issue I called Bassani and they said to their knowledge I was the first to have it on the Low Rider, but said it would not fit... I called Revzilla, they researched it and said yes indeed it will not fit, ship it back... FWIW Revzilla Rocks! They took it back after it had been used no questions asked.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:56 PM
frontporchblues
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fxrnutt

Yeah. ..that's the wrong pipe. The one the the rear cylinder goes around the cam cover is for the true mids. The forward mids on the FXDL have to run the rear cylinder behind. ...I'm guessing this all happened early in the 2014 FXDL release. ...no one knew
Really too bad, the pipe look cool and the bike had some serious torque! That said, i went to standard mids and looking to get some new pipes now

Old 10-24-2014, 08:17 PM
fxrnutt
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Here's a pic of the bracket

Old 10-25-2014, 03:50 AM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fxrnutt

Here's a pic of the bracket

Thanks - looks very similar to what I have ordered. Now time will tell.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:13 AM
junk yard
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Well. Do I like the way it rides? Yes
Do I like the way it runs? Yes.
Do I like the way it looks? Yes.
After all summer getting put on an overtime job I have finally determined that I do not get much more than 30 miles to the gallon. Something is wrong.
Bringing it back to dealer.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:24 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,079 Likes on 1,632 Posts

Originally Posted by junk yard
Well. Do I like the way it rides? Yes
Do I like the way it runs? Yes.
Do I like the way it looks? Yes.
After all summer getting put on an overtime job I have finally determined that I do not get much more than 30 miles to the gallon. Something is wrong.
Bringing it back to dealer.

Yea, looks like you need to take it in to the dealer and have it checked out under warranty...I'm consistently avg. 40-43 mpg combined city/highway riding w/10% ethanol premium fuel (93 octane unleaded) and I don't baby the bike at all when riding.

I usually fill up when the trip odo gets to 135-140 miles and I've never put more than 3.2 to 3.4 gals. at most to fill the tank.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Kacowboy
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I test rode a 2015 LowRider this weekend to see if I wanted to get the further forward mid controls on my 2008.

Okay they did have the seat insert in, that thing made my back hurt so bad that 5 miles into the ride I wanted off.

I am used to seeing my turn signal indicator right in my face on the clamp. They moved it to the bottom of the Tach I had to take my eyes off the road to see it. So I just started looking at the lights hanging off the handlebar.

Then with the further forward shift lever I was having to really lift my entire foot off the peg for the 1-2 shift. Yea I know if I didn't have a size 8.5 foot it wouldn't be so bad.

So even if they bring it out in a CVO version I will keep my 2008.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:43 AM
Galaxie500fb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hate my horn.

Like the title says. I hate the current horn setup on my 2014 low rider. It just sounds cheap. I want to duplicate the ignition setup like I had on my 97 super glide. A bracket just behind the battery box that housed the ignition which freed up the space between the cylinders for the horn assy. I know I'll have to fabricate a support bracket for the ignition and tie in to some wiring but does anyone see a potential problem with relocating the ignition? Could it possibly void my warranty? I had the 97 for 10 years and I still make the mistake of trying to turn off the ignition there first before I realize that it's in a different spot. I'm looking to possibly use the horn assy from a street Bob. Your opinions are appreciated.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:18 PM
pooler
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14 lowrider new exhaust

Just put a new exhaust on my Lowrider. It's a Rush Racing 2 into 1 slip on. model #8030. Purchased from cli-max riding gear.

No problems with fitment. Bike has a nice deep rumble now, but not obnoxiously loud. The bike really wants to pull hard after 3k rpms. Super happy.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider