Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile air cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 04:32 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Default Low profile air cleaner?

Hey All,

I have a new 2014 FXDF Fat Bob. Love it to bits.

The one problem I have is that the stock "football" air cleaner is a pain in the *** for my right leg. It seems to push it way out to the right and just generally get in the way. Almost feels like I have to continuously make a positive effort to keep the right foot on the forward peg.

Not a big problem as I want to Stage 1 the bike in the near future, but can I request the experience from the group in which a/c to select?

I'd like increased leg clearance on the right hand side. Have been considering the SE Heavy Breather types that use the "elbow" and forward facing filter elements. I really like the look of these, not just the SE product, but also considering the DK Customs Outlaw 636V with the big *** filter. Not sure if any of the pancake types will give the same leg clearance, but would be happy to know. It looks like the elbow types would allow my leg to slot in underneath the filter and so tuck in more tightly.

Anyway - can anyone comment on right leg placement after adding an S1 a/c?. I have fairly short legs (32" inseam in Levis), but the feel of the forward controls is great apart from the a/c pushing my right leg too far outboard for my tastes.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:33 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts
Old 05-27-2014, 05:49 PM
pab3rd
Club Member

Received 213 Likes on 147 Posts

Have same issue was looking to do a change to mine too

Old 05-27-2014, 06:10 PM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

DK Makes an awesome low profile intake check them out! Great customer service as well as great prices!

Attached Thumbnails Low profile air cleaner?-image-4168008827.jpg   Low profile air cleaner?-image-4035002258.jpg  
Old 05-27-2014, 06:22 PM
Idaho Spud
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2013 Superglide that I put forward controls on. The stock aircleaner was a problem. Went with the Screaming Eagle heavy breather as part of the Stage 1 upgrade and it was problem solved.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:37 PM
rdss
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with a heavy breather on my Nightsters with forward controls as well. The stock air cleaner cover was in my knee too.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:47 PM
vern58
Advanced

I like my K&N #RK3932, very low profile, large surface area & easily available replacement filter.

Attached Thumbnails Low profile air cleaner?-rk-3932.jpg  
Old 05-27-2014, 06:49 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,953 Likes on 2,305 Posts

Originally Posted by adm
Hey All,

I have a new 2014 FXDF Fat Bob. Love it to bits.

The one problem I have is that the stock "football" air cleaner is a pain in the *** for my right leg. It seems to push it way out to the right and just generally get in the way. Almost feels like I have to continuously make a positive effort to keep the right foot on the forward peg.

Not a big problem as I want to Stage 1 the bike in the near future, but can I request the experience from the group in which a/c to select?

I'd like increased leg clearance on the right hand side. Have been considering the SE Heavy Breather types that use the "elbow" and forward facing filter elements. I really like the look of these, not just the SE product, but also considering the DK Customs Outlaw 636V with the big *** filter. Not sure if any of the pancake types will give the same leg clearance, but would be happy to know. It looks like the elbow types would allow my leg to slot in underneath the filter and so tuck in more tightly.

Anyway - can anyone comment on right leg placement after adding an S1 a/c?. I have fairly short legs (32" inseam in Levis), but the feel of the forward controls is great apart from the a/c pushing my right leg too far outboard for my tastes.
Thanks soft 02 and kreeess!

Here's a vid with a bit more info

Also, we are celebrating the intro of the 636v with 10% off all Outlaw Air Cleaners for another day. See link below.

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-27-2014, 08:12 PM
trav0127
Stage IV

I went with the screaming eagle heavy breather and couldn't be happier with it..only way to go in my opinion..i went to the dealership and sat on a bike with the same setup I wanted and I was sold!

Old 05-27-2014, 09:03 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Just try to find an air cleaner that vents crankcase air to atmosphere and not the intake like the SE one.

Quick Reply: Low profile air cleaner?