Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lesson learned

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 05:47 PM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default lesson learned

well my idea of buying some cheap throw over saddlebags for my 02 wide glide ended in disappointment. I'm not crazy about having saddlebags on all the time but wanted some for when i need them. bought some and got home....wont fit. shocks are a pain in the but and the screaming eagle ii mufflers keep the right side from dropping far enough. not to mention signal light location is a pain. starting to think i shoulda just bought a heritage softail ready to go and been done with it. but...i love my WG just frustrated at the moment. seems everything i have to buy is a pain to get because the WG has to have a special everything it seems. anyway theres a very small space between shocks and signal lights and they have to sit high or else they will be on the mufflers. any suggestions? i keep looking online at stuff but never know if they will fit. may just throw in the towel for now I'm already out 115 bucks for nothing.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:57 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

That`s a tough lesson that 98% of the people here on this forum learn just like you did. I finally bit the bullet and ordered a set of all leather T sport retro bags from LeatherPros.com. They are pricey but his product and service is the best out there. They should be here in a couple weeks. They have bags made specifically for the WG without signal relocation and they look awesome too.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:03 PM
2013superglideseattle
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Im so glad we have this forum. it makes life easier.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:40 PM
C.J
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a cheap set if throw-overs! LOL!

Old 05-31-2014, 06:49 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,174 Likes on 11,108 Posts

Can't you return them?

Old 05-31-2014, 08:52 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought mine for 50$ and the first time I removed them and saw all the scratches I sold them for 35$

Old 05-31-2014, 08:59 PM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

can i return them? yes and no. i probably could have until i scratched the back side all up trying to fit them.

good news is i finally got them to half *** work. doesn't look clean and professional but i managed to get them on. i decided i don't care as long as i can carry some stuff when i NEED to. i got a 4 year old daughter at home and wife so my chances of going on a long trip anytime soon are slim to none. so if i need them i can manage to squeeze them on. some bags that actually fit and look correct are in the future, just not now

Might work the courage up to post a pic of my shoddy work tommorow.

Last edited by JohnnyRebKY; 05-31-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:58 AM
Infinite_Day
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://donscycleware.com/lethovsaforh.html

And a set of brackets to keep them away from the bike. Good to go.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:12 AM
hdfxdx99
Novice

Im running Tourmaster Xl slants on my 99 Super Glide with no supports and they do the job

Old 06-01-2014, 07:57 AM
Texas_Rider11B
Advanced
Question

Originally Posted by JohnnyRebKY
can i return them? yes and no. i probably could have until i scratched the back side all up trying to fit them.

good news is i finally got them to half *** work. doesn't look clean and professional but i managed to get them on. i decided i don't care as long as i can carry some stuff when i NEED to. i got a 4 year old daughter at home and wife so my chances of going on a long trip anytime soon are slim to none. so if i need them i can manage to squeeze them on. some bags that actually fit and look correct are in the future, just not now

Might work the courage up to post a pic of my shoddy work tommorow.
Post pic of how you got them to fit. I've got a '99 WG and wifey bought me a set of throw overs but just like you, the turn signals are in the way.

Quick Reply: lesson learned